@

andreaberretta, I would like to know as well. How are you having a later reception time ending? Mine is scheduled to end at 11pm on the sky deck?

@@andreaberretta who's your WC? I need to get in on this deal making! Lol

@@TinkerSofi I'm emailing my WC right now to see why I can't extend when others can! Totes not fair!x

hey girls!! My wedding planner is Lorena Montemayor from Anhexo https://www.facebook.com/ANHEXOAmbientacionyMobiliario

The thing with my wedding is that the reception is actually on the beach, so the ceremonies and the cocktail will be Sky wedding but the dancing is right in front the ocean... so that's why I find it very appropriate to have the 2 hour cocktail so that all the event could last a little bit longer.

@@TinkerSofi my WC just got back to me and you can extend until whatever time! I've asked to extend until 1am. The first hour to extend is a special price at $9pp then it's $14pp because it's classed as out of hours service. I'm glad I've only got 40 guests!

Those are excellent news! Well I guess goodbye OOT bags, hello longer reception hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

I am getting married on May 16, 2015 at Azul Fives on the sky deck.  I went to the brides dress rehearsal in March and fell in love with the Fives property.  I am disappointed that I reserved my date in April for the sky deck at 6, only to find out that another wedding was scheduled on the sky deck at that time and I would be forced to have my ceremony at 4pm.

I am excited to be part of this forum to answer and ask questions. Happy planning!!

Hello,

I am getting married on May 16, 2015 at Azul Fives on the sky deck. I went to the brides dress rehearsal in March and fell in love with the Fives property. I am disappointed that I reserved my date in April for the sky deck at 6, only to find out that another wedding was scheduled on the sky deck at that time and I would be forced to have my ceremony at 4pm.

I am excited to be part of this forum to answer and ask questions. Happy planning!!

I'm surprised they are allowing even that! Normally at azul resorts they only allow 1 wedding ceremony per location/day... 2 hours between ceremonies is not much time at all! Especially since they need to swap out all decor!

I would confirm with your WC that they in fact have 2 weddings on the sky deck that are 2 hours apart! There is no way I would pay the $1700 and have this happen. It would be unacceptable.

(We did the BDR in June)

Edited by kmk2016

@kmk2016  I was livid about the situation but they won't budge and I had already ordered save the dates, so I have to suck it up and pay the $1700 and not have my wedding at my ideal time.  I am hoping that maybe the other wedding decides to change venue/location so I can have that sky deck at 6. wishful thinking..  How has your experience with the coordinators been?

@kmk2016 I was livid about the situation but they won't budge and I had already ordered save the dates, so I have to suck it up and pay the $1700 and not have my wedding at my ideal time. I am hoping that maybe the other wedding decides to change venue/location so I can have that sky deck at 6. wishful thinking.. How has your experience with the coordinators been?

My WC experience has been excellent actually. I had a great one initially and now that they have changed to working as a design team with several girls on one account it's been really fast!

I still don't know how they can have your ceremony at 4pm and another at 6pm in the same space! Changing the gazebo drapery, chairs, flowers, decor... All before guests arrive for. 6pm ceremony gives them 1hr tops in between! If the date was already chosen when you booked your location in surprised they allowed it. That's why I would double check your detail sheet file online to confirm you have the space. I would add a cocktail reception following your ceremony as a place holder... Just to see if they say you can't due to another ceremony taking place- you can cancel it before your wedding lol. Maybe the second ceremony is somewhere else on property? (They don't allow two wedding ceremonies to be happening at exactly the same time)

I locked down my time/location immediately on same day as I booked my wedding... And made sure the space/time was available. I'm not until February 2016 so I was lucky to be first on the list and get the priority time... It's amazing how quickly they get reserved! (I guess I'm an example of that haha)... I knew however that if I couldn't get my requested location for both ceremony and reception I wouldn't want to get married there.

I'm at Sensatori sky deck not Fives but WC and planning/rules are identical from what I have read/seen.

Edited by kmk2016

@kmk2016  I was livid about the situation but they won't budge and I had already ordered save the dates, so I have to suck it up and pay the $1700 and not have my wedding at my ideal time.  I am hoping that maybe the other wedding decides to change venue/location so I can have that sky deck at 6. wishful thinking..  How has your experience with the coordinators been?

I agree with kmk. Make sure you double check with them and it's ok to turn into a bit of a bridezilla haha, you are paying a huge chunk of money for this spot after all.. They confirmed my ceremony right away at the Sky Deck, but they took a while to confirm my reception there too. I was really worried that someone else would come in and just take it so it bugged them a few times whether they had heard anything. It was a sigh of relief when it was finally confirmed. Perhaps calling them would be better than through e-mail, then they can hear your disappointment/anger haha. 

It does seem really weird that they would have them so close to one another. To give you an idea, if you're having both the ceremony and reception up there, 2 hours apart, they set both events up from he start because they don't have time in 2 hours to take everything down and change it to the reception. They don't even get 2 hours, because some people get chatting after the ceremony and they take a while to leave, others show up for the next event early. 

Ladies, I need help finding shoes. Are y'all wearing flats? Any suggestions? We are doing our reception in the garden area so I can't wear heels because I will sink. Boo.

I think your best bet will be wedges if you want to wear heels. I'm wearing heels only because I'm extremely short but I'll have a pair of flats as backup because I know my feet will hurt at some point :).

I like the shoes at Nine West, they're quite comfortable for me at least. I don't have my shoes yet but I'm always on the lookout for the perfect pair :)

• Like 1

@@TinkerSofi I am doing the ceremony on the sky deck, cocktail on the sky terrace and reception in garden. My confirmation sheet has everything listed. I am irked by the situation but I am trying to be positive. I asked the coordinator about the change time and she promised me that we will not be rushed. We shall see.