Photo

How Do You Respond When People Tell You That Your Wedding Is Selfish?

selfish response

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 LilyPotter

LilyPotter
  • 72 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 14, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Taveuni, Fiji
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:38 PM

Hmm... maybe you all disagree, but I think weddings should be a little selfish... It's about you, your husband and your families!

We're having an intimate wedding with just the two of us, because we believe that the marriage should be about us, and not what everyone else wants it to be..We're celebrating that we're going to spend the rest of our lives together, that we love each other, and that we're creating a new family together! 

Everyone else can say exactly what they want. As long as you and your closest family and friends are happy with your decision, screw everyone else (pardon my french)! :) Go ahead and enjoy your planning, your husband to be, your family and your friends <3 I know that your wedding will be perfect, because it's going to be just the way YOU want it!

July 14th 2014, Taveuni Island, Fiji

#12 LauraM

LauraM
  • 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun Mexico

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

A wedding is about the couple. NO ONE else. I do believe it's a time to thank our parents (or close friends/family, whoever you may feel has been an important part of your live) and to celebrate with them. But in the end, it's all about the marriage of the couple. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise =)

#13 kmanna

kmanna
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate your support and for some reason, it makes me feel better to know that I'm not alone. Sometimes I just have trouble brushing off the rude comments! 

#14 kmk2016

kmk2016
    • Moderators
    • 1,468 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

I am fearing this response from people but so far ones we have talked to have been supportive. I may be disappointed when RSVPs start coming back- but so far everyone is excited about the prospect of a week in the sun. I'm soooo scared about people secretly resenting us for it though. The people pleaser in me really is conflicted about a DW but I decided that instead of worrying I plan on just spoiling our guests who DO come, with lots of extras and treats.... Plus a fabulous resort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users