So let me start off with how excited I am for our wedding in Nov 2014! Congrats to all of you as well!
We've hit a bit of a snag as of today and my FI is trying to calm me down but I need some ladies perspective !
So we decided on Riu Palace back in Aug 2013, because we knew we wanted Cabo and had many recommendations from friends who have stayed there. We got a quote from Sunwing on multiple departure cities in Canada,,, the rate is awesome, but I also had to do all the legwork by getting passport names, DOB's and CC #'s for deposit.
We originally assumed the trip from Vancouver & Victoria BC would be Thursday - Thursday because that is what their flight schedules were this year. We even went down in Dec 2013 to do a site check (and a vacay of course) and it was Thurs - Thurs. The resort was beautiful and I knew our guests would love it as well.
So after we got back, we gave our deposit for the group rate and we were told the dates would be Sat - Sat from our gateway in Victoria. Since I had already reserved the Monday as our ceremony date there was an issue. The Riu has a strict policy that the bride and groom have to be at the resort for 2 business days before the ceremony. The wedding coordinator provided through Sunwing made me change the date to Wed, saying the resort would not allow us to have a ceremony as early as Monday.
So here we are today at the deposit deadline, with 58 guests ready to book and I've organized all their legal names, DOBs and CC info. I get an email at 10am saying that the airline has changed the flights back to Thurs- Thurs. This means our ceremony would be the day before we leave. We are not down with that, so I get in touch with the WC to see if she can change it... however the Riu headquarters is in Cancun and they don't exactly reply to emails consistently or promptly. I didn't receive an email by the end of the day or as of yet.
So before the end of business, I sent off our 58 person group booking deposit spreadsheet, without hearing whether we can have our Mon ceremony date back. I didn't want to lose the 50 spots we had reserved at that rate.
You may think I'm being paranoid, but the RIU has an online wedding ceremony booking engine and literally every slot within the week we are there is filled, I'm either stuck with Wed, the day before we leave or looking at booking the actual wedding offsite.
My question ladies: What would you do in this situation??