Photo

Where To Buy Manzanita Branches/trees In Pdc/cancun Area?

manzanita Playa Del Carmen Cancun Riviera Maya centerpiece branches trees riu palace riviera maya rprm

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Icis

Icis
  • 374 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

Hello brides!

I would like to have some manzanita trees/branches as my centerpiece for my reception. I'm getting married at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, which is close to PDC. I'm wondering if anyone here knows if there is a way to purchase these around PDC or Cancun. 

I can buy them online for about $8 each, but I'm concerned about carrying them in my luggage and possibly breaking the branches.

Any ideas?

#2 KK2013

KK2013
  • 244 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

Hello!  I did manzanita branch centerpieces, but they were fake trees.  Here is a picture.  The branches bend, but I shipped them when I bought them directly to the resort and they came out beautiful!  They were $39.99 with the crystals.

http://www.efavormar...ee-natural.aspx

Attached Files

#3 Icis

Icis
  • 374 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

Hello!  I did manzanita branch centerpieces, but they were fake trees.  Here is a picture.  The branches bend, but I shipped them when I bought them directly to the resort and they came out beautiful!  They were $39.99 with the crystals.

http://www.efavormar...ee-natural.aspx

That's amazing and they look so beautiful! How did you ship your trees and was the resort ok with you shipping items to them?

#4 KK2013

KK2013
  • 244 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:55 AM

That's amazing and they look so beautiful! How did you ship your trees and was the resort ok with you shipping items to them?

I shipped them directly from the order.  Basically, to start, I ordered one to my house just to look at it and check the quality, size, etc.  Then when I decided I wanted them, I was able to order them and ship them directly to the decorating company. I asked permission first before shipping.  The shipping fee was about $100 to Mexico, but divided by 8 of them, that was only $12.50 more per centerpiece.  It saved a lot because comparable centerpieces from the decorating company were a lot more expensive.

#5 REP

REP
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

what do those trees look like? drift wood?

#6 Icis

Icis
    • 374 posts
    • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

I shipped them directly from the order.  Basically, to start, I ordered one to my house just to look at it and check the quality, size, etc.  Then when I decided I wanted them, I was able to order them and ship them directly to the decorating company. I asked permission first before shipping.  The shipping fee was about $100 to Mexico, but divided by 8 of them, that was only $12.50 more per centerpiece.  It saved a lot because comparable centerpieces from the decorating company were a lot more expensive.

KK2013, you are making me very happy and excited that there's a possibility that my centrepiece will come true!

I'm going to contact the resort and hopefully they will let me ship the decor over.

Edited by Icis, 06 January 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#7 HEZZA

HEZZA
    • 166 posts
    • Wedding Location:Jamaica - Still deciding on resort
    • LocationNear Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Ship them direct to resort maybe?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: manzanita, Playa Del Carmen, Cancun Riviera Maya, centerpiece, branches, trees, riu palace riviera maya, rprm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users