I hope I spelled that right. I want to have maracas and would love to purchase them in Mexico to cute down on luggage fees. Do you think I will be able to find some in Mexico? I am staying at Hard Rock Riviera Maya. I am hoping their is a market near by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoliver13 View Post

I hope I spelled that right. I want to have maracas and would love to purchase them in Mexico to cute down on luggage fees. Do you think I will be able to find some in Mexico? I am staying at Hard Rock Riviera Maya. I am hoping their is a market near by.

Hello aoliver13,

Yes you can buy them in Cancun.  In the hotel zone there is a market where you can buy them but of course it will be more expensive than if you go to "mercado 28" which is a market in the Cancun downtown area.  You can ask your concierge at your hotel and they can help you with a map or a cab.

Happy Planning!

I was thinking of ordering from "Maracas Art and Design"... a family in Puerto Vallarta makes them and can ship them to Cancun for around $40 (shipping only).

Might be a good option for you, as you won't have to carry them in your luggage!

http://www.maracasartanddesign.com/