Photo

When your hardresser attends your wedding

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TexasBride2014

TexasBride2014
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

My hair dresser for the past 12+ years has indicated that he and his partner will be attending my destination wedding (of course they have been invited).  Several of my friends attending also have been long time clients of his.  What is the protocol here.. he would like to do my hair for the wedding but I think I should offer compensation.  It is an all inclusive resort so the cost for 3 nights is almost $1,000 (just for him not including his partner) plus airfare.  I was thinking offering to pay for his portion of the room in lieu of 2 practice hair style session prior to the wedding and ask him to do my hair and perhaps my mother's for the wedding.  Does that seem reasonable? I don't want to offend him.

Any insight would be appreciated.

#2 sharmer

sharmer
    • 165 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 3, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Bavaro, Punta Cana
    • LocationKitchener, Ont, Canada

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

I think that seems reasonable, you're obviously close enough if he's been doing your hair for 12+ years and he got a wedding invite! I would ask him directly if he would prefer to have his room covered or be paid for hair appointments?

#3 Jennkn87

Jennkn87
    • 212 posts
    • Wedding Date:September 19, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid - Montego Bay, Jamaica
    • LocationOhio

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

I agree with both the girls....I would just ask him!

My problem is...one of my friends (who doesn't do hair for a living, but is REALLY good at it) will be attending my ceremony. Getting my hair done at the salon is included in my wedding package....do I have them do my hair, or my friend? I kind of feel like I'm paying the spa to do my hair..so I should let them...and that way my friend doesn't have to take the time to do mine? She can just touch it up if need be? Hmmm....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users