Sign in to follow this  
Alisarosenbaum

Bridal Dress Train on Sand

My last dress fitting is this Saturday, and for some reason, I always assumed you could not have any train on your dress if you were getting married on the beach. For some reason, I imagined dragging behind me as I walked down the aisle a huge pile of sand and rocks. So I was either going to have the dress cut, or perm. bustle it. I just saw some great pictures though that did show people having trains on the beach. Any suggestions? What did you do?

If you look at my slideshow you will see I had my train down up until the point of our dinner. It won't cause a wake in the sand, it will just glide on it. Plus it does make for some really pretter pictures of your walking on the beach hand and hand..

My train was down the whole time we took pics after the wedding (almost 2 hours). It did pick up some sand here and there, but shook off easily.

I had my train down the entire ceremony and through pictures. I bustled it when I walked into the reception and had it up the remainder of the evening. It did not drag any sand behind or anything. The sand in Cabo is so dry and rocky that it jsut brushes off. I did get a little sand on my dress when I ran to the water and away from it for pictures(because the water came up to far and got my dress and the bridesmaids dresses wet), but it brushes off. But other than that no issues.