Photo

Chelsea & Josh's PLANNING THREAD - Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Jamaica - **TONS AND TONS OF DIY AND PICS**

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 kay2015

kay2015
  • 222 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 8, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

Aww thank you! I Don't stress you have plenty of time ! :) I've done all of this in one year so it's definitely possible! However, my only advice is to never buy a house and get married in the same year! Lol.

A lot of ppl say that lol...we will probably buy 2 years after lol

#32 LisaMarie4110

LisaMarie4110
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Hi Chelsea, I love your thread its very helpful! I'm getting married at ibero suites April 3, 2014.  Where did you get the template for the insert for the badge holder? I would love to do the same thing its a great idea. I also looked into Sandy May's website and emailed her to see if she was available :)

#33 asu10

asu10
    • 48 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 27, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
    • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChelseaCat802 

DIY Table Runners:

I saw these AMAZING table runners on Etsy but they were $20 a piece - yeah false! I decided I was going to finally learn how to sew and take a wack at making my own. So that's what I did - I purchased all of the material at Joann's with coupons and made my own runners! I love how they turned out. I am going to alternate the turquoise and coral chevron on each table.

This is what I'm thinking for table settings. What do you all think?

DIY Post Card Guest Book:

I put these together last night. I put one post card in each glassine envelope I bought on Amazon and put an avery label I printed on it. I really like how they turned out, I'm going to have one per place setting so hopefully they will take the time to fill them out, or have the option of sending them back to us after the wedding ( I would prefer before we leave Jamaica though so they actually do it!).

Love the table runners!!!  Great job!  Awesome thread!  Thanks for all the info!

#34 soontobeawalsh

soontobeawalsh
    • 197 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 9, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChelseaCat802 

Aww thank you! I Don't stress you have plenty of time ! :) I've done all of this in one year so it's definitely possible! However, my only advice is to never buy a house and get married in the same year! Lol.

HAHA  Too late! we got engaged bought a house and are getting married all in a 13 month span!  Life is crazy but good!!

#35 ChelseaCat802

ChelseaCat802
    • Site Supporter
    • 229 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by asu10 

Love the table runners!!!  Great job!  Awesome thread!  Thanks for all the info!

Thanks so much!!

#36 ChelseaCat802

ChelseaCat802
      • Site Supporter
      • 229 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by soontobeawalsh 

HAHA  Too late! we got engaged bought a house and are getting married all in a 13 month span!  Life is crazy but good!!

haha that is LITERALLY our situation also! Engaged - 10/22/12 Puchased House - 6/28/13 Married - 11/1713 Love it!

#37 TrooDIVA

TrooDIVA
        • 43 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 24, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
        • LocationMontego Bay, Jamaica

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

Hi, I love what you have come up with. I am getting married at Iberostar Grand in October 2015 and have lots of questions. I have a planner here in the States but it would be great to be able to connect with past and future brides. 

#38 sky186

sky186
        • 155 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

I love that you made the runners, excellent D.I.Y

#39 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
          • 599 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:23 AM

Lol...We will be buying our house and getting married within a 5 month span (or less)! Insanity!

#40 sky186

sky186
            • 155 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

wow that sounds busy lol x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users