#51 RandL2015

RandL2015
  • Site Supporter
  • 260 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 26, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid, Montego Bay Jamaica
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:35 AM

@Meandhim Welcome fellow November Bride!!  You are getting married the day before me.  Woohoo!!  I'm sure you are doing great!!

Just had my bridal showers, so now I am writing all of my Thank you notes.  My goal is to get that done this week.

We finished to contract, so now I am making menu cards. I think this will be my final design.

proofs4.jpg

#52 RandL2015

RandL2015
  • Site Supporter
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 November 2015 - 03:37 AM

Woohoo!! This is OUR MONTH!!
What is left on everyone's To Do list?

Just finished my Pre-Travel mailing. Since we are getting married during the Thanksgiving holiday, instead of doing a group excursion, we purchased passes to Club MoBay for everyone. That way our guests will have the VIP experience once they get off the plane and are fast tracked through customs.

Also included are Travel Tips, a book on SWO/ SSJ resorts, a fact sheet about the resort, Packing list, and a "No Thank You" fan to just hold up when you are approached by the many people selling you things. Attached File  image.jpeg   122.78KB   4 downloads

We still need to write our vows, finish our playlist, and make spa and hair appointments at the resort.
I'm sure there is more. Will make a final list.

Getting Super Excited!! Congratulations to everyone!! Hoping everyone's wedding day will be Incredibly Fabulous!! 😊

#53 malyna

malyna
  • 346 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:04 PM

Still scrambling to get our playlist together and my wedding is next Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#54 RandL2015

RandL2015
  • Site Supporter
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:24 PM

@malyna oh no... We are suppose to work on vows and playlist this weekend. I'm thinking about listening to Slacker radio all weekend. Lol!!
CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming wedding!! I'm sure EVERYTHING will turn out FABULOUS!!

#55 RandL2015

RandL2015
  • Site Supporter
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:17 AM

OMG, can you believe with approximately 2 weeks left before our wedding, we JUST RECEIVED an RSVP!! My friend and her husband just booked their flight and hotel. In addition, the are staying at another resort, so that is an $80 per person day pass we must pay for.
I hate being mean, but I told her they can come to the wedding ceremony, but the cocktail hour and reception was closed. We already had 25 guests. After 25 guests, you have to get the buffet. I'm sorry, but Menus, table cards, OOT bags, Club Mobay passes ...etc. are done.

I'm happy they decided to come, but with 2 weeks notice...Unbelievable!!

Sorry, just had to vent. 😡

#56 FutureMrsSam

FutureMrsSam
  • 176 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 12, 2016

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:24 AM

Love this thread!! Congrats to you all :) @RandL2015, I don't see why you should have to pay for their day pass... One of my friends got married in Mexico in January and anyone not staying at the resort had to pay their own way to get in for the day...

#57 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:32 AM

@RandL2015
I agree with the above, I wouldn't pay their day pass either.
Good for you to stand up for yourself. I know it's tough and you feel bad, but two weeks before? Come on. People are unreal. We had someone ask to come about 4 days before we left and we said no.

Congrats on being so close.

Edited by calgarybride2015, 09 November 2015 - 06:34 AM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#58 RandL2015

RandL2015
  • Site Supporter
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:43 AM

@calgarybride2015 and @FutureMrsSam  Trust me I didn't want to pay for the day passes. However, my Fi is much nicer than me. He feels, since they are coming down during the Thanksgiving holiday, and since they are staying at a 3 star, cheaper resort, they probably didn't know if they could afford the trip until the last minute.

So, giving them the benefit of the doubt, I said okay, let's go ahead and purchase the day passes...but nothing else.   :)

Can't wait to just to just lay on the beach with a beverage in hand. 

#59 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:13 AM

I totally understand. Our day passes kinda sucked. So when the groomsmen needed a wedding pass so he could be on site long enough we did pay as it included the dinner and I couldn't imagine making him pay for the dinner at our wedding.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#60 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:26 PM

@RandL2015  I agree with the others. Why would you pay for their day passes? Two weeks notice is a bit over the top! You're so close now! We were married in Jamaica 4 years ago and have tried twice to go back but didn't make it. We loved the island and the people! I'm sure your wedding will be amazing!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users