DIY Fans w/ Tears of Joy Packets for Ceremony Seats

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 trivera5521

• 470 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

I finally finished my Raffia fans w/ the tears of joy packets and here they are...I will post a picture of the back of the tears of joy packets tonight so you can see what I used to seal the envelopes. These fans will be laid on each chair for the beach ceremony.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

I purchased the fans from Oriental Trading and they were perfect. $10.00 for a dozen

http://www.orientalt...tt=Natural Fans

I brought the satin ribbon from the dollar tree, $1.00 per ribbon (112 – ⅝"x5-yd)

http://www.dollartre...rosgrain Ribbon

I brought the personalized stickers from Vistaprint for for the front and the backside.

The glassline envelopes from ebay and the flower I got from Michaels. One stem for $7.99 and I cut each flower off the bush, so it made about 15-20 single flowers.

A lil note to self I tried to glue gun the flowers to the fans then wrap the ribbon over the stems for extra support and it was taking entirely too long. So what I ended up doing was using the end of a scissor and punching a whole into the handle of the fan and weaving the stem of the flower inside the handle. Then I wrapped the ribbon over it. It took a fraction of the the time and actually looks better.

#2 Kel123073

• Site Supporter
    • 189 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

beautiful job!!!!!!

#3 Jenny2014

• 503 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

These are fantastic! Subscribing to this post as inspiration!

#4 ChelseaCat802

• Site Supporter
        • 229 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

So cute! What are the dimensions of the envelopes?

#5 brgephar

• 166 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

They look wonderful! Are you also doing a Ceremony Program? I had thought I would do a Program attached to my fans but I am really liking this idea now... HM you've made me think! Thanks for sharing.

#6 trivera5521

• 470 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

Guys the dimensions of the envelopes are:

100 - #4

(3 1/4 x 4 7/8 inches)

I have a bunch of envelopes left if anyone is interested in purchasing them.  I was going to list them upon our return with everything else but if you need them now lmk. Sure we can figure something out.

BRG: I actually opted not to do the menus for a few reasons, First I really wanted to do the fans and the tears of joy packets and with an additional thing it just seemed like too much. Second, I thought of the wind and how the programs would likely fly away if they arent being held or pinned down by my guest. And lastly, figured what else do they need to know on the program other than "hey were getting hitched" LOL. We previously mailed a pre-travel brochure that included a brief "program" persay.

#7 mormac01

• 152 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Thank you for the great idea

#8 trivera5521

• 470 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

Few more shots of the Tears of Joy Packets.

#9 lgerry

• 349 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 15, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

Such a cute idea!!

#10 gresley

• 164 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

I love the tears-of-joy packets :D these are such a great idea!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users