Jump to content

Photo

April 2014 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 megssweet1

megssweet1
  • Jr. Member
  • 157 posts

    Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

    My FI and had a discussion about it last night. We are just trying to be ok that even though we had way more "oh yes we are definitely coming" responses than we expected; we may have a super small wedding with a quite random group of attendees! We do understand it's a lot, but even when I struggled more financially than I do now, I was still able to swing a short vacay about once a year or every other. We have had some people book already who are not on our closest friends list, but his parents still haven't. I'm trying not to take it personally. Ha! It is nice to vent and hear that we are not alone in all this! Plus, every review I've read has said what a wonderful time everyone had!

    #42 TuffLuv

    TuffLuv
    • Jr. Member
    • 211 posts

      Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by megssweet1 

      My FI and had a discussion about it last night. We are just trying to be ok that even though we had way more "oh yes we are definitely coming" responses than we expected; we may have a super small wedding with a quite random group of attendees! We do understand it's a lot, but even when I struggled more financially than I do now, I was still able to swing a short vacay about once a year or every other. We have had some people book already who are not on our closest friends list, but his parents still haven't. I'm trying not to take it personally.
      Ha! It is nice to vent and hear that we are not alone in all this! Plus, every review I've read has said what a wonderful time everyone had!

       

      For me I kept telling myself as long as my parents, brother, and his mother came it didn't matter if no one else did. I had to do this b/c I'm very senstive and my feelings would have been hurt. So, I siked myself out until I believed my own hype.

      Tuff Luv

      Reese & Kandie

      Hard Rock

      Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

      April 12, 2014


      #43 Tantan

      Tantan
      • Newbie
      • 16 posts
      • Wedding Date:September 4, 2014

      Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

      My FI and had a discussion about it last night. We are just trying to be ok that even though we had way more "oh yes we are definitely coming" responses than we expected; we may have a super small wedding with a quite random group of attendees! We do understand it's a lot, but even when I struggled more financially than I do now, I was still able to swing a short vacay about once a year or every other. We have had some people book already who are not on our closest friends list, but his parents still haven't. I'm trying not to take it personally. Ha! It is nice to vent and hear that we are not alone in all this! Plus, every review I've read has said what a wonderful time everyone had!

      It's exactly the same with us.... Lol those that we "politely" invited and are not very close friends have booked and my cousins, grandparents, aunts and best friends still have not. But all maintain that they are still coming! We sent out save the dates 18months before and invites 11 months before so they would have enough time to put aside some money. So like you I think our wedding guest will be pretty random! lol maybe some of you brides can attend my wedding to make up the numbers if your in Cancun around that time??? Lmao Dispite who's there it will be an amazing day for us all and we probably won't even see anyone else except for our Wonderful future husbands. But would be nice to have them all there for a great party! 😀

      #44 megssweet1

      megssweet1
      • Jr. Member
      • 157 posts

        Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

        Haha! Yes, ladies! I'm feeling the same way! I was kinda telling myself the same thing TuffLuv, but after people kept saying they were super excited to come, I got excited that a lot would attend! But yeah, I'm sure whoever comes will be glad they did and me and my FI will have a blast regardless.

         

        Quote:

        Originally Posted by Tantan 


        It's exactly the same with us.... Lol those that we "politely" invited and are not very close friends have booked and my cousins, grandparents, aunts and best friends still have not. But all maintain that they are still coming! We sent out save the dates 18months before and invites 11 months before so they would have enough time to put aside some money. So like you I think our wedding guest will be pretty random! lol maybe some of you brides can attend my wedding to make up the numbers if your in Cancun around that time??? Lmao
        Dispite who's there it will be an amazing day for us all and we probably won't even see anyone else except for our Wonderful future husbands. But would be nice to have them all there for a great party! 😀

         

         

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by TuffLuv 
         
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by megssweet1 

        My FI and had a discussion about it last night. We are just trying to be ok that even though we had way more "oh yes we are definitely coming" responses than we expected; we may have a super small wedding with a quite random group of attendees! We do understand it's a lot, but even when I struggled more financially than I do now, I was still able to swing a short vacay about once a year or every other. We have had some people book already who are not on our closest friends list, but his parents still haven't. I'm trying not to take it personally.

        Ha! It is nice to vent and hear that we are not alone in all this! Plus, every review I've read has said what a wonderful time everyone had!

         


        For me I kept telling myself as long as my parents, brother, and his mother came it didn't matter if no one else did. I had to do this b/c I'm very senstive and my feelings would have been hurt. So, I siked myself out until I believed my own hype.


        #45 TuffLuv

        TuffLuv
        • Jr. Member
        • 211 posts

          Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by megssweet1 

           

           

           

          Exactly. Its going to be amazing big or small ;-)

          Tuff Luv

          Reese & Kandie

          Hard Rock

          Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

          April 12, 2014


          #46 ucfjennifer

          ucfjennifer
          • Jr. Member
          • 185 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 26, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Cozumel, MX
          • LocationOrlando, FL

          Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

          6 months from today for me! Updates since my last post...boarding pass invites are complete and going in the mail on Monday and our booked guest total is up to 35! I think the next few months will be light on the planning and pick back up after the holidays.

          #47 flo628

          flo628
          • Jr. Member
          • 200 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Casa Dorada, Cabo San Lucas

          Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by megssweet1 
           

          Haha! Yes, ladies! I'm feeling the same way! I was kinda telling myself the same thing TuffLuv, but after people kept saying they were super excited to come, I got excited that a lot would attend! But yeah, I'm sure whoever comes will be glad they did and me and my FI will have a blast regardless.

           

          Quote:

          Originally Posted by Tantan 


          It's exactly the same with us.... Lol those that we "politely" invited and are not very close friends have booked and my cousins, grandparents, aunts and best friends still have not. But all maintain that they are still coming! We sent out save the dates 18months before and invites 11 months before so they would have enough time to put aside some money. So like you I think our wedding guest will be pretty random! lol maybe some of you brides can attend my wedding to make up the numbers if your in Cancun around that time??? Lmao
          Dispite who's there it will be an amazing day for us all and we probably won't even see anyone else except for our Wonderful future husbands. But would be nice to have them all there for a great party! 😀

           

           

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by TuffLuv 
           
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by megssweet1 

          My FI and had a discussion about it last night. We are just trying to be ok that even though we had way more "oh yes we are definitely coming" responses than we expected; we may have a super small wedding with a quite random group of attendees! We do understand it's a lot, but even when I struggled more financially than I do now, I was still able to swing a short vacay about once a year or every other. We have had some people book already who are not on our closest friends list, but his parents still haven't. I'm trying not to take it personally.

          Ha! It is nice to vent and hear that we are not alone in all this! Plus, every review I've read has said what a wonderful time everyone had!

           


          For me I kept telling myself as long as my parents, brother, and his mother came it didn't matter if no one else did. I had to do this b/c I'm very senstive and my feelings would have been hurt. So, I siked myself out until I believed my own hype.

          How is it almost the end of October already??

           

          I know how you guys feel- I had to RSVP for my entire immediate family (10 ppl total), and just today we bought plane tickets for ALL OF THEM. It'll be easier to get all of them to pay us back than wait for them to do it on their own (and pay the hike in flight prices). And hey- we get the points.

           

          I asked everyone to RSVP by December. I'm too anxious to know what the final count is. Our guest list went from 40 to 50 to NINETY (thanks to the FI). I have to say I would be shocked if 60 people showed up, but like all of you are saying, random people are saying yes...I have no idea if there will be 30 ppl there or 80. I also want to start ordering OOT stuff and start making them so I don't panic. 

           

          I wish all the people who know they aren't coming would RSVP 'NO' already!!!!



          #48 TuffLuv

          TuffLuv
          • Jr. Member
          • 211 posts

            Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

            FLO628 you and your FI rock. LOL. I completely understand though, if my FI and I could afford it we would've bought our immediatley family's tickets and just been done with it. Unfortantley, that was not an option. My parents have booked their flights, paid their room depoist and then some. My brother has paid his room deposit and will either reserve his flight (with my TA) or order his ticket in the next week or two. Now, I'm just waiting on my FI's mom and sister to jump on board. I'm sooooooo over this part I don't know to do. Six months to go.

            Tuff Luv

            Reese & Kandie

            Hard Rock

            Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

            April 12, 2014


            #49 flo628

            flo628
            • Jr. Member
            • 200 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Casa Dorada, Cabo San Lucas

            Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by TuffLuv 

            FLO628 you and your FI rock. LOL. I completely understand though, if my FI and I could afford it we would've bought our immediatley family's tickets and just been done with it. Unfortantley, that was not an option. My parents have booked their flights, paid their room depoist and then some. My brother has paid his room deposit and will either reserve his flight (with my TA) or order his ticket in the next week or two. Now, I'm just waiting on my FI's mom and sister to jump on board. I'm sooooooo over this part I don't know to do. Six months to go.

            Oh, I didn't actually pay for all of their tickets- just my parents, but my siblings are definitely paying me back! Just something about the internet that they don't want to just do it themselves. If we had waited for them to book the airfare, it would have been a week before the wedding and cost $1000 to fly to Cabo from LA (prices went down yesterday fro $250!! Now it's back up to $500 though). But we're just glad it over with.

             

            Six months out is a weird feeling isn't it?



            #50 TuffLuv

            TuffLuv
            • Jr. Member
            • 211 posts

              Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

              Oh, I didn't actually pay for all of their tickets- just my parents, but my siblings are definitely paying me back! Just something about the internet that they don't want to just do it themselves. If we had waited for them to book the airfare, it would have been a week before the wedding and cost $1000 to fly to Cabo from LA (prices went down yesterday fro $250!! Now it's back up to $500 though). But we're just glad it over with. Six months out is a weird feeling isn't it?

              Oh okay. Well, I'm glad you got it out the way. Weird, let's try a lil overwhelming. Lol. I'm excited, anxious, and ready to get my life and pockets back. Lol. Right now I feel like my wedding consumes my entire life.

              Tuff Luv

              Reese & Kandie

              Hard Rock

              Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

              April 12, 2014





              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users