TiarraBeautyJ

Bride on A Budget (7,000.00 WEDDING CHALLENGE)

Ladies, Who are you choosing for photography? This seems to be one of the most expensive on my list. I do not want to spend too much but I also do not want to sacrifice quality. Your thoughts?
I am still deciding. FI doesn't care one way or the other...lol. I may go with the resort's photographer. Based on reviews from past Now Jade brides, I need to specifically request a photographer named Chelsea (I think that's her name). Apparently she is really good. I am also strongly considering hiring a photographer for a Cenote TTD session. I really want underwater photos. Who are you considering?

My budget if put of control right now, I choose a package for photos, video and Cenote TTD for $4500. I did not wanted to sacrifice photo quality and style for just a person with a camera without style. At first I didn't considered video but after watching a couple of movie style videos and showing FH we decided to have it, and I will NOT do without the cenote TTD, even though I don't swim, that should be an interesting one.

Ladies, Who are you choosing for photography? This seems to be one of the most expensive on my list. I do not want to spend too much but I also do not want to sacrifice quality. Your thoughts?

I feel the exact same way!!!! I am considering Gonzalo Nunez or Juan Navarro. I am unsure at this point. Both of their work are really impressive. My fiancé is in love with Juan's creativity. Gonzalo has a really good package with excellent work as well. So this will be very hard for us lol. Pictures are very important so I am willing to splurge here in this area.

I tried all the possible ways to get in contact with Gonzalo Nunez and all the links I tried didn't work. So I went with Samuel Luna 

Originally Posted by TiarraBeautyJ View Post

I feel the exact same way!!!! I am considering Gonzalo Nunez or Juan Navarro. I am unsure at this point. Both of their work are really impressive. My fiancé is in love with Juan's creativity. Gonzalo has a really good package with excellent work as well. So this will be very hard for us lol. Pictures are very important so I am willing to splurge here in this area.

Originally Posted by MrsTobeD View Post

I tried all the possible ways to get in contact with Gonzalo Nunez and all the links I tried didn't work. So I went with Samuel Luna 

I've never heard of Gonzalo Nunez.  I have to research him.

Wow I know he was on vacation for a while. But his work is amazing and his prices are very reasonable. He responds quick to my questions. His reviews on here are really good. Ladies the DJ's seem a little pricey.... Share with me your thoughts on using the iPod vs a Dj ? Or vice versa

I tried websites and nothing. I emailed him, still nothing. Oh well! I love Sam's work as well.

small wedding, 10ppl? I will go with an ipod, for a big wedding, over 30 people, I feel I need a DJ to handle the crowd, make them get on the dance floor, etc. A good DJ will have the charisma to get people going. 

Wow I know he was on vacation for a while. But his work is amazing and his prices are very reasonable. He responds quick to my questions. His reviews on here are really good.

Ladies the DJ's seem a little pricey.... Share with me your thoughts on using the iPod vs a Dj ? Or vice versa

Wow I know he was on vacation for a while. But his work is amazing and his prices are very reasonable. He responds quick to my questions. His reviews on here are really good.

Ladies the DJ's seem a little pricey.... Share with me your thoughts on using the iPod vs a Dj ? Or vice versa

I am definitely getting a DJ.  For me, it's important to have someone that knows what s/he is doing when it comes to music, responding to crowd dynamics, etc.  Plus, by the time I searched out and downloaded all of the music that I wanted and rented speakers and other equipment, it would end up costing way more for me to have a DJ in terms of wasted time and the price of the music.  We are also planning to have about 60 people at our wedding, which makes a difference.  That said, many people have used their iPods for weddings with great success.  Here's an article with some tips (don't forget to check out the comments:

http://apracticalwedding.com/2009/09/djing-your-wedding-with-ipod/

There's also an app for iPods to help you dj as well.  One thing I would advise is that you assign someone to man the iPod so you don't have to worry about it, and also have cds for backup just in case.  I hope this helps!