• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 firecrackr34

firecrackr34
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

Hi ladies!

Totally new here!

Here is an answer I can't seem to figure out. Does a budget go farther in Mexico? We are looking at some places in Colorado where we are from and to have a 150 person wedding very basic looks like it will be near 30k. What I'm wondering is could we spend that (or less ideally!) on a wedding in PV for 40-50 close friends and have a 3-day celebration?

Any ideas and thought would be AWESOME!

Thanks!

#2 JillTran

JillTran
    • Vendor
    • 116 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Hi firecrackr34. Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the forum! You will find it very handy, all the ladies ( & gents) are very informative.

Well from my experience with my clients from Canada, a bride and groom can spend up to $10K for your destination wedding, including their travel but not the guests, and it is definitely a lavish celebration! You will have to arrive in destination approx 2-4 business days before your actual wedding date, to go over the details with your on site wedding coordinator.

With the resorts in Mexico, you can do a ceremony on the beach, reception at one of the a la cartes, and you can also chose to have a beach/poolside cocktail party for after dinner with music and drinks.

I would definitely recommend a Travel Agent to arrange the travel for your guests!

Good luck and happy planning!

-Jill Tran

#3 RNtoBe

RNtoBe
      • 255 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by firecrackr34 

Hi ladies!

Totally new here!

Here is an answer I can't seem to figure out. Does a budget go farther in Mexico? We are looking at some places in Colorado where we are from and to have a 150 person wedding very basic looks like it will be near 30k. What I'm wondering is could we spend that (or less ideally!) on a wedding in PV for 40-50 close friends and have a 3-day celebration?

Any ideas and thought would be AWESOME!

Thanks!

When everything is said and done, our wedding will cost about $20,000. This includes, invitations, my dress, our travel for 2 weeks, private reception, paying for the bridal party attire, etc. My recommendation is to research, research, research!! I originally chose the DR for our wedding but after I got the first quotes for guest travel- which was $2000 I switched to Cabo. Good luck! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users