Photo

Weddings for Dummies

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 disconfabulated

disconfabulated
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

My boyfriend and I have been together almost 3 years. We are not yet engaged so there is no set wedding date. We have discussed getting married and this is something we both want. I am totally clueless about how to plan a wedding. What I know for sure is: 1. I want to have a simple ceremony with a small number of guests. 2. I like the idea of a destination wedding at a resort where most of the particulars are taken care of by the resort and the honeymoon is included. 3. My budget is quite limited. I truly want to eventually tie the knot. However, I have no desire to plan all the exhausting details (i.e. decorations, ceremony, choosing a minister, reception, etc.) Any feedback or suggestions would be truly appreciated. Thanks. :)

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

Welcome to the forum, disconfabulated :) you've come to exactly the right place to find great info on how to put together the perfect destination wedding with the least fuss - so you're already off to a Great start !!!

Wishing you all the best with finding the right fit for you guys, and that you end up having the perfect initimate relaxed wedding celebration you envision ! Cheers :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 jolene028

jolene028
      • 588 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

What I have notices through the whole process reading things here and talking to others is that a destination can be as much or as little fuss as you want... a lot of resorts do a Free Package based on numbers of people and then allow you to add on things that are important, or you can be over the top some resorts do expensive packages that include everything! I think that the more you read, and research you will notice these things as well! Good Luck!!!

#4 AllieH

AllieH
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

Jolene is 100% right. You can make it as elaborate or as simple as you want, and either way it will be gorgeous. The first step is to figure out when, and then the where. Big picture "where" - Mexico, Jamaica, FL - where is your destination? Once you decide that you can narrow down the resorts.

Reach out to Tammy and the BDW team for expert assistance in finding and booking your resorts. An experience travel agent can make this process sooooo much easier (and less stressful!) for you. You can contact Tammy

What I have notices through the whole process reading things here and talking to others is that a destination can be as much or as little fuss as you want... a lot of resorts do a Free Package based on numbers of people and then allow you to add on things that are important, or you can be over the top some resorts do expensive packages that include everything! I think that the more you read, and research you will notice these things as well! Good Luck!!!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#5 mscheryl10

mscheryl10
      • 154 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Sandals has free weddingmoons if you book 7 days with them and Cruises are always a cheaper option. This site should give you plenty of ideas, Happy Hunting!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users