Photo

Searching for an alphabetical seating chart list

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jake N Niki

Jake N Niki
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I have been searching for basically 2 full days for an alphabetical seating chart list template similar to this one:

http://www.etsy.com/...g-chart-digital

This is for our Jack and Jill bridal shower which will have about 150 guests in total. I can't see paying $50 for a template. I'm not very good with photoshop, powerpoint, publisher, etc. By not very good, I actually mean terrible/no clue...lol. 

I'm about ready to shell out the $50 even though I think it's ridiculous, but figured I would check on here first. I would prefer a vertical over horizontal (like the one in the link) but I'll take what I can get. Beggers can't be choosers.

If anyone has a template, or knows how I can go about this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!

#2 JA2012

JA2012
    • 334 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

You can easily do this yourself in any document...even Word.

Type in all the guests and put them at a table. Do something easy like Word Art for the letters. Then you can just select all and put it into columns so that it fits one page.

Add a page border and voila!

Take it to Kinkos and have it printed in the size you need to fit the frame.

#3 Jake N Niki

Jake N Niki
      • 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

I could probably handle that, but the fonts in Word just look a little generic for my liking. I guess I'm too picky. 

#4 JA2012

JA2012
        • 334 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Go online and download new fonts for free.

OR...just create a logo for yourself that you can use on everything to brand your event. Use your names, initials or whatever. Save it as a jpeg and use on everything.

I did one on a free website. I'll look for it and let you know. I actually created the invite on the site but then just did one with only our names and it works great on everything!

#5 JA2012

JA2012
          • 334 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

This is the link I used. If you just play around with it

IE; just put in your names or just enter the date etc you have a lot of options and can make a nice header for your seating chart. The site has alot of free templates too. Makes our lives MUCH easier.

Hope it helps!

http://www.weddingch...vitation-suite/

#6 Jake N Niki

Jake N Niki
            • 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

I'll check it out. Thanks so much!

#7 Jake N Niki

Jake N Niki
              • 9 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Failed miserably...lol. I did successfully create a logo, but if I print it in a larger size it distorts. The format doesn't look great in Word either. It's not Word it's me. I'm just no good at this stuff. 

#8 JA2012

JA2012
                • 334 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

LOL!! What does it look like? Maybe I can help. Can you post so I can see what you started with?

#9 Jake N Niki

Jake N Niki
                  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by JA2012 

LOL!! What does it look like? Maybe I can help. Can you post so I can see what you started with?

I actually didn't save it because it just wasn't working. My heading was so big that I never would've fit the rest of it on 1 page. I ended up finding one on zazzle that was about $18 that I can just input my info into. Seems worth it in my situation...lol. Thanks for offering your help though. I appreciate it. 

#10 Chrysta

Chrysta
                    • 169 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 10, 2015
                    • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire - Cancun
                    • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:00 AM

That's a really cute idea =0) Thanks for the info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users