Photo

Are donkeys allowed at a Mexican Fiesta-Themed wedding at Ocean Coral & Turquesa?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 acd8809

acd8809
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Hi everbody who has gotten married or will get married at Ocean Coral & Turquesa!

Has any one had a donkey at their wedding at OCT, or are planning on having a donkey?  If so, when was your wedding, or when are you getting married? 

I am wondering if OCT permits a donkey to be rented?

I am having a Mexican-Fiesta Theme for my wedding and a donkey would work very well along with a Mariachi band.  I know that I can hire the Mariachi band  through the resort, and I plan to do that.   But who do I contact for a donkey to appear for a short while, maybe 45 to 60 minutes?  I know Planner 1 Events is the vendor that OCT deals with, and Planner 1 has donkeys for rental.  I am wondering if anyone has actually rented one for their wedding, and how did it go?

Thanks for any info you may have~

Amanda

acd8809@yahoo.com

#2 PamelaVan

PamelaVan
    • 34 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Ughhhh...I wanted a donkey sooooooo bad for my fiesta themed wedding...Dang it, I could not find anyone to rent me one. I am not sure if they are allowed, but I LOVE the idea, how fun and festive. I would love to see your wedding and how it turns out!!!

#3 Lyman

Lyman
      • 262 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

you're so Right! would make some awesome photo-ops! looking forward to hearing how it all turns out.........and of course, seeing those pics :)

#4 acd8809

acd8809
        • 51 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Just in case anyone else is interested in having a donkey at Ocean Coral and Turquesa, I am going to post a response to my own question.  OCT  finally responded to my email, and now  I know the answer.  Ocean Coral And Turquesa Resort does not allow live animals on their property.  Something really wierd, however, is that the WC said she will try to find a "fake donkey" for us and see how much it would cost.  I have never seen a fake donkey, and I don't know what she means -- is it like a deer head mounted on a wall?  How about a stuffed donkey on wheels?  How about a rocking donkey (like a rocking horse) that kids ride on???  Who knows, but I can't wait to see what they come up with. I can't believe that we would have to pay for a fake donkey!

Amanda

acd8809@yahoo.com

2/11/13

#5 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
          • 296 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by acd8809 

Just in case anyone else is interested in having a donkey at Ocean Coral and Turquesa, I am going to post a response to my own question.  OCT  finally responded to my email, and now  I know the answer.  Ocean Coral And Turquesa Resort does not allow live animals on their property.  Something really wierd, however, is that the WC said she will try to find a "fake donkey" for us and see how much it would cost.  I have never seen a fake donkey, and I don't know what she means -- is it like a deer head mounted on a wall?  How about a stuffed donkey on wheels?  How about a rocking donkey (like a rocking horse) that kids ride on???  Who knows, but I can't wait to see what they come up with. I can't believe that we would have to pay for a fake donkey!

Amanda

acd8809@yahoo.com

2/11/13

i think they mean by fake donkey...2 people in a donkey costume (one the head, one the behind). im interested to know whether im right haha

#6 Lyman

Lyman
            • 262 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

I was picturing it to look something like this........

but I'm just guessing too.......haha :)

#7 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
              • 296 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Lyman 

i think yours looks a bit nicer than the one i imagine: (either like this, or with 2 people)

these wedding planners must think we're all nuts surely? 

#8 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                • 3,074 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

haha - but it's the GOOD kind of "nuts" right ? lol

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                      100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#9 acd8809

acd8809
                  • 51 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Oh, I thnk that would be hilarious!!!  I just wouldn't want to be the person at the back end, lol.

Amanda   acd8809@yahoo.com

#10 acd8809

acd8809
                    • 51 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lyman 

Wow!  I had absolutely no idea that such a thing existed!  Who would have ever thought of a stuffed donkey???   That donkey is a lot better looking than I thought it would be, but in no way would I be willing to pay $ to rent it.  PS: Gotta love those wheels, haha!

Amanda   acd8809@yahoo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users