Jump to content

Photo

2013 & 2014 Iberostar Laguna Azul, Cuba Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
1080 replies to this topic

#401 Kay6356

Kay6356
  • Member
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
  • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by csho 

For us, other then the fact that I always wanted to get married on the beach, one of the other reasons we wanted to go down south was to keep our costs down. MY FI is catholic so we are also doing a ceremony here. We had originally planned on doing just a BBQ at our house but then realized that probably about 80-100 people would actually come to that one, as my FI's family all lives around where we live, and many of them won't be coming to Cuba as many of them have children or are too old to travel etc. So anyhow, we realized that would be too many people to fit in our house, so we decided just to do refreshments after the mass service. This will keep the costs way down for us as well. We thought about doing the whole reception thing but really for us it defeated the whole purpose of going down south. So we are just making it clear if people want to come for the party they need to come to Cuba lol, otherwise they are going to just be happy to see the ceremony and have a few snacks afterwards.

 

Originally Posted by jolene028 

Im not having one... Its to much I figure when you have a wedding at home you dont throw another party 3 weeks later for all the people that couldnt make it to the first one! Plus for the most part everyone that we want to be there will be there! Maybe the following year we will do something but we are doing the destination wedding so that we can get away from the costs here and the actual planning part! Lol also like Csho I dont want people to have an reason not to come to Cuba! At first we were going to do a legal ceremony here and my FIs mom said oh well Ill go to that and skip Cuba! Forget it now we are doing everything there and if you want to celebrate with us youll be getting on the plane!

 

Thank you ladies for your inputs... ahhh I really wish I could talk FI out of the AHR but he really wants it.  I even tried the money card that the $5,000 would be going towards our down payment for our house.  Our wedding is Cuba, and I don't know, he wont budge, I even suggested doing a different food alternative than from a full buffet with meats, veggies, potatoes, salads, etc. But nope.  

We shall see when the time comes to start making REAL plans for the AHR.

 

Are you girls having a legal ceremony in Cuba?  Jolene have you sent your legal documents to Giselle yet, if so... ?



#402 Kay6356

Kay6356
  • Member
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
  • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by jolene028 

 

Sorry about the look on my face! LOL

 

It fits and everything worked out, I am a little annoyed because the amount of money paid for this dress I expected that it would come in a nice garmet bag it did not they wanted me to buy one, for get it! Also I may get cups added the triangel in the picture is see through and without the cups it doesnt stand out like it should... and I am a little back and forth about getting a bustle, it doesnt have a very long train so I think that maybe it is a waste of money but it will drag a little on the ground so I am not sure yet, I still have time so I will wait and see if I can find someone reasonable priced to do it!

 

Also all bridesmaid dresses have been ordered, thankgoodness thats over! I can honestly say that except for a few things to be printed and assembled I am pretty much done everything! I think LOL I am going to wait a few weeks and check my list one more time and look over the few things that I passed on and see if I have changed my mind!

JOLENE! So stunning! Its fits so well!  I think the cups would be a good idea considering that centre patch is see through.  From what the picture shows a bustle probably isn't worth the money it is going to cost you to get it done.  Still so happy you found THE ONE :) xo



#403 csho

csho
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by jolene028 

 

Sorry about the look on my face! LOL

 

It fits and everything worked out, I am a little annoyed because the amount of money paid for this dress I expected that it would come in a nice garmet bag it did not they wanted me to buy one, for get it! Also I may get cups added the triangel in the picture is see through and without the cups it doesnt stand out like it should... and I am a little back and forth about getting a bustle, it doesnt have a very long train so I think that maybe it is a waste of money but it will drag a little on the ground so I am not sure yet, I still have time so I will wait and see if I can find someone reasonable priced to do it!

 

Also all bridesmaid dresses have been ordered, thankgoodness thats over! I can honestly say that except for a few things to be printed and assembled I am pretty much done everything! I think LOL I am going to wait a few weeks and check my list one more time and look over the few things that I passed on and see if I have changed my mind!

Wow! I love your dress! Its gorgeous! Thats crazy they didn't give you a garment bag! Thats just something that should come with it... I only paid $1000 and bought the sample gown and they still gave me a bag! I'd just go buy one from somewhere else for cheaper, cause you will want one for the plane!

 

I can't believe you are almost completely finished planning! Thats very exciting and now you can enjoy the summer and just get ready come the fall!



#404 csho

csho
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Kay6356 

 

 

Thank you ladies for your inputs... ahhh I really wish I could talk FI out of the AHR but he really wants it.  I even tried the money card that the $5,000 would be going towards our down payment for our house.  Our wedding is Cuba, and I don't know, he wont budge, I even suggested doing a different food alternative than from a full buffet with meats, veggies, potatoes, salads, etc. But nope.  

We shall see when the time comes to start making REAL plans for the AHR.

 

Are you girls having a legal ceremony in Cuba?  Jolene have you sent your legal documents to Giselle yet, if so... ?

Wow! $5,000 for an AHR! I would definitely try to talk him out of that! I never understood why people would go downsouth and then have a big reception at home? I just personally feel like I might as well have just had my wedding here then!

 

But anyhow I was talking to my friend who is also engaged and getting married. She is totally laid back and would have loved to just have her very close family and friends like 10 people and go to California to get married or something, but her FI really wanted a bigger wedding at home, and how she put it to me was, he wanted that big wedding more then she would rather have a small wedding and she wouldn't regret having a bigger wedding whereas he would regret not having it, so for the sake of keeping everyone happy she is having the bigger wedding. I guess you need to look at it that way. $5000 seems a lot but in the long run of your life its not THAT much and if it will make him happy and not have to look back and regret something then maybe its worth the money?

 

I think maybe once he really realizes how much work and money its going to cost, maybe he'll think otherwise lol!

 

I am not legally getting married in Cuba, because we are having the Wedding Mass in the catholic church we are just going to do it here. It will be easier that way.



#405 Kay6356

Kay6356
  • Member
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
  • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by csho 

Wow! I love your dress! Its gorgeous! Thats crazy they didn't give you a garment bag! Thats just something that should come with it... I only paid $1000 and bought the sample gown and they still gave me a bag! I'd just go buy one from somewhere else for cheaper, cause you will want one for the plane!

 

I can't believe you are almost completely finished planning! Thats very exciting and now you can enjoy the summer and just get ready come the fall!

Jolene, they sell garment bags at David's bridal for $10-$20. :)



#406 Kay6356

Kay6356
  • Member
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
  • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by csho 

Wow! $5,000 for an AHR! I would definitely try to talk him out of that! I never understood why people would go downsouth and then have a big reception at home? I just personally feel like I might as well have just had my wedding here then!

 

But anyhow I was talking to my friend who is also engaged and getting married. She is totally laid back and would have loved to just have her very close family and friends like 10 people and go to California to get married or something, but her FI really wanted a bigger wedding at home, and how she put it to me was, he wanted that big wedding more then she would rather have a small wedding and she wouldn't regret having a bigger wedding whereas he would regret not having it, so for the sake of keeping everyone happy she is having the bigger wedding. I guess you need to look at it that way. $5000 seems a lot but in the long run of your life its not THAT much and if it will make him happy and not have to look back and regret something then maybe its worth the money?

 

I think maybe once he really realizes how much work and money its going to cost, maybe he'll think otherwise lol!

 

I am not legally getting married in Cuba, because we are having the Wedding Mass in the catholic church we are just going to do it here. It will be easier that way.

Yes Csho, that is why we are doing it because I know he wants it so bad, and its our wedding, not just mine.  Hopefully he will just agree to something a little more key, oh well if he doesn't because it really doesnt matter at the end of the day, as long as I get my Cuba wedding!!



#407 jolene028

jolene028
  • Member
  • 588 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

Thanks ladies I am pretty excited about it, I think that you are right a dont think that I am going to bustle it and I think that instead of getting cups put in I will get those gel boobs... I hate David's Bridal so i think that I am going to order one off ebay and then if worse comes to worse I will go and get one there at least I know they are there!

 

I am getting married legally in Cuba, Belkis who is the coordinator at Iberostar Varadero (where I am actually getting married) Said that she will let me know when she needs to form filled out and copies of our documentation about 3 months prior. I figure that it is so easy to get married legally there that why not it will save me the $300 here to do it before we go! You just bring your passport and birth certificate and nothing needs to be translated unless you are previously divorced or widowed, and since that isnt us so it will be easy!

 

I actually do have a few things like I ordered a hanger from Etsy so I am waiting for that to arrive, I need a flower clip for my hair! Bout pins for the groomsmen small stuff like that but all the bigger stuff is done so easy walk in the park from here. (yeah right we will see come September LOL)



#408 csho

csho
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kay6356 

Yes Csho, that is why we are doing it because I know he wants it so bad, and its our wedding, not just mine.  Hopefully he will just agree to something a little more key, oh well if he doesn't because it really doesnt matter at the end of the day, as long as I get my Cuba wedding!!

hahhaa thats how I feel... we're pretty much having two weddings because I want mine on the "beach" in Cuba and he wants a catholic one, so this way neither of us will regret it and can both be happy and I can wear my dress twice woohoo!



#409 csho

csho
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by jolene028 

Thanks ladies I am pretty excited about it, I think that you are right a dont think that I am going to bustle it and I think that instead of getting cups put in I will get those gel boobs... I hate David's Bridal so i think that I am going to order one off ebay and then if worse comes to worse I will go and get one there at least I know they are there!

 

I am getting married legally in Cuba, Belkis who is the coordinator at Iberostar Varadero (where I am actually getting married) Said that she will let me know when she needs to form filled out and copies of our documentation about 3 months prior. I figure that it is so easy to get married legally there that why not it will save me the $300 here to do it before we go! You just bring your passport and birth certificate and nothing needs to be translated unless you are previously divorced or widowed, and since that isnt us so it will be easy!

 

I actually do have a few things like I ordered a hanger from Etsy so I am waiting for that to arrive, I need a flower clip for my hair! Bout pins for the groomsmen small stuff like that but all the bigger stuff is done so easy walk in the park from here. (yeah right we will see come September LOL)

Hahhaa yeah seriously and until you forget those little things and have to scrammble last minute lol! Just make sure to write them all down!!



#410 jolene028

jolene028
  • Member
  • 588 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

Yep you should see my list with scribbles and all so funny and then I noticed a list I have at work for all my work stuff, and what do you know it looks exactly like my wedding list!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users