Jump to content
Kay6356

2013 & 2014 Iberostar Laguna Azul, Cuba Brides!

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by csho View Post

 

Have you called to see if your dress is in yet Jolene?

 

I picked my dress up yesterday... so now its just hanging in my guest bedroom waiting for me to try it on lol! Sooo tempting! I was wondering what you guys are planning on doing for headpieces/veils? Are you guys planning on wearing a veil? I thought I wasn't going to but I feel like I look "incomplete" without it. So I might just go with a short one for the ceremony and a jeweled flower/starfish hair clip. I am afraid the veil will blow away and around too much though so I don't know lol!

Hi ladies,

 

I am not wearing a veil, because it isn't me.  I think I am just going to be wearing a white hair flower.  I do love the bird cage veils but they just don't suit me.  We shall see... a lot of time, I may change my mind. ahaha

 

I made 3 more bouquets this past weekend, I like them but they are a little off white (the roses) and I am worried about them not looking good in pictures because they are off white :( I don't know what to do. ????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Kay6356 View Post

 

Hi ladies,

 

I am not wearing a veil, because it isn't me.  I think I am just going to be wearing a white hair flower.  I do love the bird cage veils but they just don't suit me.  We shall see... a lot of time, I may change my mind. ahaha

 

I made 3 more bouquets this past weekend, I like them but they are a little off white (the roses) and I am worried about them not looking good in pictures because they are off white :( I don't know what to do. ????????

Ohhh put up pictures! I am sure they will be beautiful!!!! Honestly we are our own worst critics! The flowers will look beautiful!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by alley08 View Post

 

If you go on youtube and just search Iberostar Laguna Azul wedding. There is one that comes up. You can actually get a sense of what the ceremony will look like. The bride is wearing a veil and it's very breezy up there so it is indeed blowing in the wind and sometimes in her face. Take a peek might give you a better idea!

I think I may have seen that video... Yeah thats my only worry that it blow around and get in the way... we are also having a ceremony in the church here as well as my FI is catholic and really wanted to get married in the church as well... so I might get one, bring it with me and go up on the terrace one day and try if out and see what it does!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Kay6356 View Post

 

Hi ladies,

 

I am not wearing a veil, because it isn't me.  I think I am just going to be wearing a white hair flower.  I do love the bird cage veils but they just don't suit me.  We shall see... a lot of time, I may change my mind. ahaha

 

I made 3 more bouquets this past weekend, I like them but they are a little off white (the roses) and I am worried about them not looking good in pictures because they are off white :( I don't know what to do. ????????

I am the same I love Bird Cage Veils until I put one on, so not me! LOL

 

Lets see pictures, I am sure it will be fine, think of off white or ivory dresses they always look good, the only problem you might have if your dress is white and the flowers arent then they may look yellow, same with if your dress is off white or ivory and the flowers are white it may make the dress look yellow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jolene028 View Post

 

I am the same I love Bird Cage Veils until I put one on, so not me! LOL

 

Lets see pictures, I am sure it will be fine, think of off white or ivory dresses they always look good, the only problem you might have if your dress is white and the flowers arent then they may look yellow, same with if your dress is off white or ivory and the flowers are white it may make the dress look yellow!

exactly! My dress is white... :( I don't know what to do :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the pictures ... they're all gonna have one purple/blue orchid like the one in the vase does.  I put them up against a white shirt... what do you think... too yellow?:(

 

 

700

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kay- I don't think it looks bad at all... I think you won't ever get the perfect shade of white to go with your dress or vice versa. Really no one is going to notice that they look a little more yellow then your dress. I like the creamier looking colour then super white anyway! I guess it depends on how important flowers are to you. If you look back on your photos in 10 or 20 years are you going to regret not having whiter flowers? If not then I would keep them and use them. If you feel like you would regret it then maybe you should look into getting some other flowers? I think sometimes as brides we get a little caught up in these minute details that in the end will not even make a difference. Just try to keep that in mind when making a decision!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by csho View Post

 

Kay- I don't think it looks bad at all... I think you won't ever get the perfect shade of white to go with your dress or vice versa. Really no one is going to notice that they look a little more yellow then your dress. I like the creamier looking colour then super white anyway! I guess it depends on how important flowers are to you. If you look back on your photos in 10 or 20 years are you going to regret not having whiter flowers? If not then I would keep them and use them. If you feel like you would regret it then maybe you should look into getting some other flowers? I think sometimes as brides we get a little caught up in these minute details that in the end will not even make a difference. Just try to keep that in mind when making a decision!

Thank you for a little reassurance csho! I think I am being way too picky I really like the pictures I added of them, they do look good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also wanted to share my wedding shoes! I love this brand, you can order them online...

 

OKAB

Style: Eloise

Colour: Pearl

 

 

700

 

 

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Kay6356 View Post

 

Thank you for a little reassurance csho! I think I am being way too picky I really like the pictures I added of them, they do look good.

I think the bouquets look gorgeous and I really don't think you will even notice at all the colour difference!! I have decided to just go with whatever the resort provides for me... so at least you know what you'll have lol!

 

And I love those sandals they are so cute!!! I am just wearing an old pair of shoes that I have worn as bridesmaids shoes in two other weddings... they are not too high and they are silver and match my dress perfectly!!! And plus they are kind of special since I have worn them to 2 weddings as a bridesmaid before and now I get to wear them as a bride... I just need to clean them up a bit! And then I am thinking I'll jsut get a pair of flip flops for the reception and dinner! There are a really cute pair of coral sandals that are prettty at Spring so I am thinking of getting those, they'll add a little fun and no one will really notice them anyway and I can wear them again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×