• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#51 BeckRN12

BeckRN12
  • 9 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 17, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Gran caribe real Cancun Mexico

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

I'm getting married May 17, 2014 at the Grand Caribe Real. As of right now I chose the Classic wedding package. My ceremony will be held at the gazebo and reception at the terrace.

#52 hclibby1982

hclibby1982
  • 274 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by BeckRN12 

I'm getting married May 17, 2014 at the Grand Caribe Real. As of right now I chose the Classic wedding package. My ceremony will be held at the gazebo and reception at the terrace.

Welcome! I am also getting married at the Gazebo with my cocktail hour and reception at the Terrace!  I did the luxury package primarily because we're having 50 people and with the add ons to the classic I wanted and extra people it was actually cheaper.

#53 sf1227

sf1227
    • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

We are getting married Aug 6 at 4pm at the chapel.

We did book a DJ, we just thought it would be easier on us with one less thing to worry about. Plus we heard so many great things about DJ Doremixx.

#54 sf1227

sf1227
      • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by krswanson1 

Girls with weddings in August of 2014...what date?mine is the 5th at 4 pm at the chapel then a private reception at the royal. Are you booking a dj? We were told we could bring an iPod and use their speaker instead. Thinking if doing this bc we are having a dj at our recept back home.

We did book a DJ, we just thought it would be easier on us with one less thing to worry about. Plus we heard so many great things about DJ Doremixx.

#55 krswanson1

krswanson1
        • 16 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

[quote name="sf1227" url="/t/83386/gran-caribe-real-2014-brides/30#post_1930181"]

Looks like I will see you there! We will be there for 11 days. We gave approximately 60 guests going about half booked already. Splitting btwn the royal and gcr

#56 jdub

jdub
          • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

Girls with weddings in August of 2014...what date?mine is the 5th at 4 pm at the chapel then a private reception at the royal. Are you booking a dj? We were told we could bring an iPod and use their speaker instead. Thinking if doing this bc we are having a dj at our recept back home.

Hey! My wedding is August 6, 2014 at 5pm. We have only confirmed the ceremony location at this point. We are working out details for reception, DJ, and photography.

#57 meowybells

meowybells
            • 68 posts
            • Wedding Date:May 8, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Gran Caribe Real
            • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

@jdub Congratulations! Where are you having your reception and ceremony? Did you get the list of add ons/extras. The resort offers services of Dj Doremixx and Dj Mannia. Both of them highly recommended :)

#58 jdub

jdub
            • 10 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

@jdub Congratulations! Where are you having your reception and ceremony? Did you get the list of add ons/extras. The resort offers services of Dj Doremixx and Dj Mannia. Both of them highly recommended :)

We are having our ceremony at the oceanfront gazebo at The Royal and having the reception indoors at one of the ballrooms. We are still in the midst of choosing the reception location. We have been in contact with DJ Doremixx. We have not received a list of add ons/ extras yet. Still at the beginning stages. I asked about the iPod and I was told they would have someone playing the music from our list, but they wouldn't be responsible for any announcements. Our WC said we could rent a DJ to assist with the announcements.

#59 meowybells

meowybells
              • 68 posts
              • Wedding Date:May 8, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Gran Caribe Real
              • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

We are having our ceremony at the oceanfront gazebo at The Royal and having the reception indoors at one of the ballrooms. We are still in the midst of choosing the reception location. We have been in contact with DJ Doremixx. We have not received a list of add ons/ extras yet. Still at the beginning stages. I asked about the iPod and I was told they would have someone playing the music from our list, but they wouldn't be responsible for any announcements. Our WC said we could rent a DJ to assist with the announcements.

The iPod is a good plan if you're not intent on getting a DJ. If it's announcements you're worried about, you could get someone in your bridal party to do it. My MOH and one of my bridesmaids were ecstatic about doing the whole announcement thing, they volunteered to do it when I was bouncing the idea around.

#60 sweetjess88

sweetjess88
              • 26 posts
              • Wedding Date:August 1, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Gran Caribe Real Cancun MX
              • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

Hello Ladies! I am excited to read these reviews about GCR. My Fiance and I are getting married August 1st 2014 in the chapel and then reception in their ballroom. We are also planning to get DelSol photography their work is amazing and have a 5 star rating! Happy planning!! =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users