Jump to content

Photo

How to use a corner punch?!?


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kay6356

Kay6356
  • Member
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
  • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hi Ladies,

 

I have purchased this corner puncher

 

 

I am having a lot of trouble with getting a nice rounded edge for my passport invites.  Has anyone used one like this before? Or have I purchased the wrong tool?  This is what the outcome is for me....

 

 

HELP!!!!



#2 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,350 posts

    Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

    Is there just one hole for the paper to slide into? Did it come with instructions?

     

    Hmmm... it looks as though you have purchased a reverse hole punch.

     

    I'm not familiar with that item. But I would highly suggest taking a 40% off coupon and taking a trip to Hobby Lobby. ;o) They have 2 sizes and they aren't but a few dollars.



    #3 Kay6356

    Kay6356
    • Member
    • 543 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
    • LocationVaradero, Cuba

    Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

    Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

    Is there just one hole for the paper to slide into? Did it come with instructions?

     

    Hmmm... it looks as though you have purchased a reverse hole punch.

     

    I'm not familiar with that item. But I would highly suggest taking a 40% off coupon and taking a trip to Hobby Lobby. ;o) They have 2 sizes and they aren't but a few dollars.

    Thanks Britney!  I actually just found another thread on this hole punch and I have purchased the wrong one completely - silly me? lol.  But good to know a few other brides did the same thing, and I am not alone on this.  I totally wish I could go to Hobby Lobby - I live in Canada, no hobby lobby .  I'm wondering if there is one in Buffalo, NY as I am heading there for Black Friday! 



    #4 MissBubbles205

    MissBubbles205
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,350 posts

      Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

      Originally Posted by Kay6356 

      Thanks Britney!  I actually just found another thread on this hole punch and I have purchased the wrong one completely - silly me? lol.  But good to know a few other brides did the same thing, and I am not alone on this.  I totally wish I could go to Hobby Lobby - I live in Canada, no hobby lobby .  I'm wondering if there is one in Buffalo, NY as I am heading there for Black Friday! 

      Oh no.. I had a feeling though. it happens.

       

       hmm... Surely there is.. If not, check out ebay. ;o)  I too will look to see if I see anyone online that ships to Canada for a fair price.



      #5 Kay6356

      Kay6356
      • Member
      • 543 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
      • LocationVaradero, Cuba

      Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

      Thank you.  I am also looking for silk real touch white roses for DIY bouquets.... I haven't had any luck ... Do you know anywhere that may have these online?



      #6 FireyNurse

      FireyNurse
      • Jr. Member
      • 389 posts

        Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

        Originally Posted by Kay6356 

        Thank you.  I am also looking for silk real touch white roses for DIY bouquets.... I haven't had any luck ... Do you know anywhere that may have these online?

        I am also in Canada, definitely check out Michaels for a corner punch (take a 40% or 50% off coupon with you on your smart phone or print it off their site). Also some Walmart's have better craft departments than others and they may have one in their scrapbooking area.

         

        Good Luck!



        #7 MissBubbles205

        MissBubbles205
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,350 posts

          Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

          Originally Posted by Kay6356 

          Thank you.  I am also looking for silk real touch white roses for DIY bouquets.... I haven't had any luck ... Do you know anywhere that may have these online?

           I would say Hobby Lobby.. but since you don't have one... I'll have to see if I can find sites that ship to Canada since Im not sure if HL does or not. hmm... There is also a place I am thinking of that sells real touch flowers online. I'll let you know as soon as I find the site.



          #8 Kay6356

          Kay6356
          • Member
          • 543 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
          • LocationVaradero, Cuba

          Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

          Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

           I would say Hobby Lobby.. but since you don't have one... I'll have to see if I can find sites that ship to Canada since Im not sure if HL does or not. hmm... There is also a place I am thinking of that sells real touch flowers online. I'll let you know as soon as I find the site.

          Thanks MissBubbles, I found White rose petals on ebay, $30 for 60.  So I ordered 120, which should be more than enough for all 9 bouquets, 9 Bout.'s and 3 corsages.  In total I have spent around $120 in supplies for my entire floral needs!  My quote from Bloom Bridal was close to $800.  What a savings and I get to enjoy making my bouquets, bout.'s & corsages just as I want them :)



          #9 alpwedding2013

          alpwedding2013
          • Newbie
          • 94 posts

            Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

            I've purchased a Fiskars corner punch as well.  Mine works, but the punch is not always as "clean" as I would like.  I sometimes I have to punch on it twice on cardstock.



            #10 Kay6356

            Kay6356
            • Member
            • 543 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
            • LocationVaradero, Cuba

            Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

            I've purchased a Fiskars corner punch as well.  Mine works, but the punch is not always as "clean" as I would like.  I sometimes I have to punch on it twice on cardstock.

            Good to know, thank you I have returned the one I originally purchased. And was going to buy the same brand in the one I need (not that I know the difference). But I was also looking at the Martha Stewart one, we shall see! Anyone have any suggestions on one thu have used and liked?




            0 user(s) are reading this topic

            0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users