Who should be my MOH?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brgephar

• 166 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

So I'm having a hard time deciding who I should ask to be my Maid of Honor.. 

I have this one friend, *K* who has been one of my best friends since middle school. However, we have had numerous fights over the years where we don't speak to one another for months at a time. We are both so similar (read: stubborn) that small fights turn big, etc., but she seriously is probably the person I am closest to (again, we are so much alike - practically the same person lol). We are getting along now and I don't see any reason that we won't be by the wedding but I feel like other friends (that I haven't ever really fought with) will be offended if I ask K to be my MOH because of our history. What do you think?

I also have a gay best friend since birth who I was going to ask to stand on my side and be my "Man of Honor" which would alleviate this issue, but dear Fi doesn't like the idea of males/females mixing sides and will have my best friend stand on his side.

What should I do?

#2 LAtravelgirl

• 163 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Who do you think will do the best job carrying out all of the duties? You certainly don't need more drama as you prepare for your wedding.

#3 Cherina

• Banned
      • 636 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Hey a fab gay friend is the perfect MOH I wish I had one my BFF did it and she didn't have to chose between us girls and he was phenomenal ! I have 2 a maid and matron of honor. It will be interesting because they hate HATE each other.

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#4 alpwedding2013

• 94 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

I was a "Best Woman" for my friend's wedding.  It wasn't a big deal at all.  I would pick whoever you feel is right for your special day. 

#5 ornxoxo

• 177 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

I agree with other brides.  Who would make you the most happiest bride when you look back at the pictures and seeing that person next to you.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users