Photo

Ways to involve guests in the wedding ceremony

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 amylouise

amylouise
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

We are really non-traditional and are thinking of ways to involve our guests in the ceremony so that it's not boring. 

We are thinking of putting fans on everyone's seat, with a quote on the back, and at a point in the ceremony, the officient would ask each person to read what is written on their fan. That way we don't have to pick one or two people for readings and everyone feels involved. I think it would be a bit of fun too!

Does anyone have any other ideas? 

#2 karyc

karyc
    • 166 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

a nice idea that i'm going to use is doing one of those sand ceremonies -- and then have all of your guests put a bit of sand in your container of choice before you and your fiance put it in. i haven't come up with the wording we're going to use yet, but you can say something about how all of those guests help to form part of the foundation of your relationship....

#3 amylouise

amylouise
      • 34 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

That's lovely! We were thinking of doing the sand ceremony too. 

There's a few others that I've found:

Ring Warming - the rings are passed to each guests so they can be blessed and warmed, I wuite like this one

Rock blessing - everyone is given a small rock at the beginning of the ceremony and these are collected afterwards, displayed in a nice jar. You could do this with seashells too.

Hand Fasting - we may do this - the officient ties your hands together with fabric (maybe fabric from my grandmother who is unable to attend)

#4 Bride2B0713

Bride2B0713
        • 47 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Thats a great idea! How many different colors of sand would you use?

#5 karyc

karyc
          • 166 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bride2B0713 

Thats a great idea! How many different colors of sand would you use?

i think three? one for guests, one for groom, one for bride? good question, i hadn't really thought about...

#6 Speckles121

Speckles121
            • 720 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by karyc 

a nice idea that i'm going to use is doing one of those sand ceremonies -- and then have all of your guests put a bit of sand in your container of choice before you and your fiance put it in. i haven't come up with the wording we're going to use yet, but you can say something about how all of those guests help to form part of the foundation of your relationship....

We're doing this as well..we bought small bottles from amazon (http://www.amazon.co...ALL SAND BOTTLE) and plan on asking the guests to fill it with sand from the beach

#7 karyc

karyc
              • 166 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

nice find! i also found these on etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/...ials-with-corks

#8 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
                • 670 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

We're doing this as well..we bought small bottles from amazon (http://www.amazon.co...ALL SAND BOTTLE ) and plan on asking the guests to fill it with sand from the beach

That's a cute Idea! Love those bottles.Amazon is the best!!

#9 karyc

karyc
                  • 166 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

does anyone have examples of sand ceremony scripts when guests are involved? or know of any bdw forums on that topic? thanks!

#10 Playalovesme

Playalovesme
                    • 39 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Hi AmyLouise,

At one wedding we captured some guests dressed up in goofy outfits during the reception and put on a fun dance for the bride and groom. It was great entertainment for everyone. At that same wedding, the bride and groom also had a canvas with a tree painted onto it. They had family members from both the bride and grooms family put their thumb print where indicated by name to create a new family tree involving the two families united by the marriage. Here are some examples of both:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users