Photo

Neat idea: honoring the mothers

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#11 Ali0624

Ali0624
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:47 PM

I really love this. I am not especially close to my future mother-in-law, so I think this would be a sweet gesture.
    Ali

#12 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:22 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Ali0624
      I really love this. I am not especially close to my future mother-in-law, so I think this would be a sweet gesture.
      I'm in the same boat! I've only met her once on a weekend visit to her home. She is older & only speaks spanish (I speak spanish too, but I don't have the vocabulary to get wedding/love ideas across!) I thought it would be really nice to do something special like that so she feels important.

#13 Bavaro-Princess

Bavaro-Princess
      • 92 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:44 PM

I love this Idea... i am also going to have my mom Walk me Down the Isle because she has been my mother and father... i will definitelly think about doing this... love the IDEA!!!

#14 tlomlad

tlomlad
        • Banned
        • 1,949 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:37 PM

great idea

#15 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:55 PM

As an update - I did do this, and it was very special. Both mom's loved it. The only tricky thing is sticking the 2 flowers you will give them to your bouquet securely enough so you don't drop them, but not so securely that you can't get them off when you need them!! I had a bit of a technical difficulty getting the flower out for my new MIL...but that was at the end of the ceremony, so I don't know that anyone really noticed.

#16 Karen13

Karen13
            • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:22 AM

I love those kind of ideas. I had my florist divide my bouquet into 3 pieces so that at the reception I gave a part of it to my mom, a part of it to my FH's mom, and the other part to my grandma (who was the only grandparent that could make it). I think those type of things are the little things that make the event special....
              DesignOurDay Wedding Websites
              http://www.designourday.com

#17 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:09 AM

this is a great idea!

#18 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:26 PM

Awwww, that's a cute idea!! My FMIL would love it, not sure my mom would care. She ain't the most sensitive woman around :-)

#19 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,504 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:13 PM

My cousin did this at her wedding and it was really special. Not a dry eye in the church!

#20 hat0112

hat0112
                    • 1,219 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:14 PM

I wanted to bump this. I have been looking for a way to honor my mom and my MIL all day on here and finally found this and it’s perfect.

Now that I have the idea, I need to figure out exactly how I will do it. I want to hand the flowers to my mom and MIL myself, but do I walk up the isle, kiss my dad, and turn around and hand the flowers to them and turn back to face my FI? Will everyone get what I am trying to do? Hmmm…….
                      Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users