Neat idea: honoring the mothers

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
  • VIP Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:53 PM

I just saw this on superweddings.com & thought it was the most touching thing:

Click the image to open in full size. Unique Wedding Idea: Every bride is looking for unqiue ideas and special ways to make her wedding more meaningful. Here is a wonderful and very touching idea to honor the two mothers at the wedding ceremony. But be certain to have lots of hankies on hand because this is guaranteed to tear up the eyes of everyone present...
    Ask your floral designer to design two detachable floral sprays into your bouquet. After your father walks you down the aisle, just before he turns to leave you and take his seat, remove one of the special flowers from your bouquet. Hand it to him and give him a kiss. Let him know in advance that this will take place and tell him that as he takes his seat in the pew with your mother, he is to present the flower to her on your behalf.
    Then at the conclusion of the ceremony, as you begin to make your way back up the aisle as husband and wife, stop at the pew where your mother-in-law is seated. Remove the second special flower from your bouquet and present it to her, along with a kiss, before continuing up the aisle.
    Don't tell the moms in advance that this will be taking place! It is the element of surprise which helps to make this so very sweet and special. There will not be a dry eye in the room...

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:57 PM

I think I got tears in my eyes just thinking of this idea!

Though I'd do it a little differently since my parents are divorced. Instead of having my dad give the flowers to my mom, I think I would want to do that myself.

But wow - great idea, I may use it!

#3 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
      • VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:06 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by akh
        I think I got tears in my eyes just thinking of this idea!

Though I'd do it a little differently since my parents are divorced. Instead of having my dad give the flowers to my mom, I think I would want to do that myself.

But wow - great idea, I may use it!
        Oh yeah, me too. I would present my mother with her flower directly. I may actually have her walk with me down the aisle since I don't have a daddy

#4 Jackie

Jackie
        • 2,290 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:22 PM

That is a wonderfull idea. What a nice way to make moms feel appreciated and a part of things too.
          My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#5 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
          • 402 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:30 PM

so sweet! i love sentimental displays of affection!!!
            MariaElena - 10/28/06
            Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:59 PM

that is such a wonderful thing to do!!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 gkashmira

gkashmira
            • 1,962 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 02:15 AM

I love that idea! Would a florist understand what I'm asking for? I would I word it?
              Kashmira & Dan
              Happily married since June 16, 2007
              http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
              Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
              Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#8 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:23 AM

That is such an awesome idea! I have been trying to think of ways to do something special for my stepmother who has been such an important part of my life. This is perfect, and also a great way to recognize Jeff's mom too. OK, I'm already teary just thinking about it!

#9 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                • 1,430 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:26 PM

That is such a great idea! I love it! I think I want to give them both flowers at the beginning!

#10 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
                  • 631 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:10 PM

awwwh awesome idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users