Photo

Steamer for Dress!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LyndsayVictoria

LyndsayVictoria
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

I'm sailing on the Carnival Valor and I am told that they don't offer steaming services for my wedding gown.  I'm worried my gown will be creased from traveling.....any brides have this issue???  What did you do??

#2 mrswilson2012

mrswilson2012
    • 23 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

I'm flying with my dress to Florida (where the cruise leaves from), I then plan on having it steamed there at the bridal shop and I also purchased a travel steamer to take with me on the ship for $30.

#3 LyndsayVictoria

LyndsayVictoria
      • 14 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

That's a good idea to have it steamed in Florida.  I thought about getting a travel steamer...I was worried it might take up too much room in my suitcase.  Where did you buy yours?  Thanks!

#4 Emilythrone

Emilythrone
        • Banned
        • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

i   will find a local tailor to  steam it for me , or find  a relative or friends who can do this ,  i hope my wedding dress won't crease  although travelling , it bought it 3 days ago , it's the link, http://www.kissbride...et-closure.html

good luck with  all of us .

#5 Vanessa Dunne

Vanessa Dunne
          • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

You actually may have an issue bringing a travel steamer on board. Last cruise mine was confiscated and I wasn't allowed to get it back until we were getting off the ship.

#6 mrswilson2012

mrswilson2012
            • 23 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

I was able to bring mine on my last Carnival cruise last year without any issues. Mine is pretty compact though which may be why. I ordered it on Amazon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users