Sign in to follow this  
kt62913

Help! Nassau Wedding 2013!!

Hello All!

I'm new to this site, but I'm looking for advice in certain vending areas:

I have yet to find a dj... been searching for reviews online and hardly anything comes up.  I've heard of Stephen Bain, Dwight Lloyd, and JH entertainment.  I'm looking for a dj who in the overall picture, he/she really stands out... like after the reception, one says, "wow!  That dj really did a great job, really helped make a great party atmosphere!"  Any suggestions would be great!

Has anyone used Mario Nixon Photography? I love his pics from his website, just looking for feedback.

I'm also wondering if anyone has used the powerboat adventures to the Exuma Island? I'm looking at doing this as an outing one day to offer to my guests, but wondering if they offer decent group rates or discounts on large groups?  I couldn't find info on groups on their website.

One last thing, I'm looking into cool locations for a rehersal dinner... a place with great food, good service, and possibly an entertainment aspect would be ideal.  I'm currently looking into The Poopdeck Sandyport.

Thanks in advance, any bit helps!!!!!woot.gif

Hey Kt62913-

I'm pretty new here myself but I do know that the ladies and gents and vendors on this site are always super helpful. You may be better off by posting this in the Destination Weddings in the Caribbean forum or even the Music/DJ and Photography forums. There are tons of review on here as well under the Vendor Reviews tab. Hope this helps and good luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kt62913 View Post

Hello All!

I'm new to this site, but I'm looking for advice in certain vending areas:

I have yet to find a dj... been searching for reviews online and hardly anything comes up.  I've heard of Stephen Bain, Dwight Lloyd, and JH entertainment.  I'm looking for a dj who in the overall picture, he/she really stands out... like after the reception, one says, "wow!  That dj really did a great job, really helped make a great party atmosphere!"  Any suggestions would be great!

Has anyone used Mario Nixon Photography? I love his pics from his website, just looking for feedback.

I'm also wondering if anyone has used the powerboat adventures to the Exuma Island? I'm looking at doing this as an outing one day to offer to my guests, but wondering if they offer decent group rates or discounts on large groups?  I couldn't find info on groups on their website.

One last thing, I'm looking into cool locations for a rehersal dinner... a place with great food, good service, and possibly an entertainment aspect would be ideal.  I'm currently looking into The Poopdeck Sandyport.

Thanks in advance, any bit helps!!!!!woot.gif

oh thanks... I was wondering how best to navigate through here... that helps!! I didnt even know I had a reply until now, I guess you just have to check back? I thought I'd get a notification email lol.  THANKS again!

Hey!  Congrats on your engagement... I'm doing everything through the Sheraton.  So far, so good... now it's the fun planning of all the details.  When are you getting married?

I'm also having a hard time finding a DJ.

We are also thinking of going to the Poop Deck for a rehearsal dinner. Luciano's is also another good restaurant. I'm actually doing my wedding reception there. Good Luck with everything!

Good morning I need help deciding between the Sheraton or WC Resort .. Please give me some advise. I have a lot of guest 150 flying from all over I want them to have a good time. We are looking into all inclusive resort. Maybe have the wedding at the resort or go off site . I don't want a beach wedding , I'm more into gazebo or a garden or even monument place. For the reception I want indoor but still have the ocean view. My wedding In 2015 but because we have a lot of guest I want to start my research early. Please help me.. With advise as far as location and accommodation for my guest . :)

We finally chose the DJ. We are using Dwight Lloyd. He's been great so far. He responds so quickly to our emails, which I appreciate! Good luck to you toO!

Hi there, congrats on the 2015 wedding! I also planned my wedding super early, not because of the amount of guests, but more because I was excited :) Our wedding is June 29th, so I only know the Sheraton through photos. If you're looking for a wedding spot thats not on the beach, I would HIGHLY recommend checking out the French Cloisters on Paradise Island. If I hadnt chosen my venue and paid the deposit, I would probably change it to the French Cloisters. The photos of the weddings there are gorgeous!   As far as the difference between the Sheraton and WC, I really wouldnt know. I've had positive experience with the Sheraton thus far and they offered us a decent group rate. Let me know if I can help any further! Happy Planning :)