Mother/ father of the bride and groom gifts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 melcrna80

melcrna80
  • Site Supporter
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

Hello! Just wondering when everyone gave their mother and future mother in law ( dads too) their gifts? I'm not sure if I should do it before we leave or after. Any ideas/ suggestions appreciated!

#2 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
    • 670 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:11 AM

I haven't thought much about gifts for my parents, but I would give them before you leave. Not sure where your wedding is but some places will want you to claim them at customs, if their expensive youll have to pay duties/taxes...

#3 Speckles121

Speckles121
      • 720 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

I'm giving out all gifts invluding bridesmaids/groomsmen before we leave..its more stuff for us to lug down if we dont. I will also being going the non traditional route and giving out "welcome bags/oot bags" before we leave. We plan on spending the weekend before we leave driving to each of our guests homes and dropping them off, as it will be Thanksgiving weekend. Our out of state guests/attendents, we are considering mailing them out a few weeks before the wedding so they get there in time before they leave.

#4 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
        • 670 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:28 AM

I like your idea of giving the bags out before leaving, you'll get around an extra c hecked bag fee!

#5 melcrna80

melcrna80
          • Site Supporter
          • 79 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

I'm def giving the OOT bags before we leave prob about a month in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users