Turks and Caicos Wedding - Veranda

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 islandbride05

islandbride05
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hi everyone, 

My name is Megan and I wanted to get married at the Veranda in the summer of 2013.  I am unsure now because there are so many changes going on at the resort.  Will they be doing construction? The last thing a person wants to hear on their vacation is hammering.  Also, you don't want to be restricted from parts of the hotel due to renovations.  Not sure what to do now.  Any one else in the same boat or ever in this situation?  Not sure what to do.  

Thanks!

Megan 

#12 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
    • Vendor
    • 336 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by islandbride05 

Hi everyone, 

My name is Megan and I wanted to get married at the Veranda in the summer of 2013.  I am unsure now because there are so many changes going on at the resort.  Will they be doing construction? The last thing a person wants to hear on their vacation is hammering.  Also, you don't want to be restricted from parts of the hotel due to renovations.  Not sure what to do now.  Any one else in the same boat or ever in this situation?  Not sure what to do.  

Thanks!

Megan 

Hi Megan,

As of Dec 17th the resort is a part of the Beaches/Sandals resort, so you can no longer "book a Veranda wedding"  it will be booked as a Beaches wedding and subject to their resort pricing/etc.  This article was just posted today:  they will close for renovations through March to bring it into the Beaches Resort.

http://www.caribjour...ibbean Journal)

Hope that helps

Krys

#13 islandbride05

islandbride05
      • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Thanks so much Krys for the article. I appreciate the update! Megan

#14 AshleyBrooke

AshleyBrooke
        • 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

So sad to hear this....we had our wedding at the Veranda in October and it was amazing. 

#15 nancywedding12

nancywedding12
          • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

hi

this is exciting news.  could you tell us the Verandah rates for the rooms if you have them?  it would be good to know if it's something within our wedding budget.

thank you!

#16 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
            • Vendor
            • 336 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by nancywedding12 

hi

this is exciting news.  could you tell us the Verandah rates for the rooms if you have them?  it would be good to know if it's something within our wedding budget.

thank you!

The Veranda is no longer "an option"; it has been purchased by and is now part of Beaches.  The Veranda will shut soon and begin some construction and reopen as part of Beaches in a couple of months.   If you want a wedding there, you have to book a Beaches wedding and see their room rates/wedding options in that part of the resort.   We have been told it will be called the Key West Village (it will be next to the Italian Village). 

Krys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users