Jump to content

Photo

Dreams vs. NOW Resorts in Cancun/Rivera Maya Mexico


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 melnryluvco

melnryluvco
  • Jr. Member
  • 340 posts

    Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

    Hi All,

    My fiance and I were planning a Maui wedding and reception until recently. We both have a lot of older relatives and some friends that would not be able to make the trip or meet the costs to go to Maui. So we have decided on getting married in Mexico and having a reception in our hometown. Anyways, our travel agent sent us a ton of links for the Dreams and NOW resorts in Cancun/Rivera Maya. I know they're sister properties but that doesn't mean they're all a like.  We don't really want to be in the hustle and bustle of Cancun. I get flashbacks to my senior trip there when I was 18 and wouldn't like a bunch of crazy drunk 18 year olds everywhere. I am leaning towards Dreams Tulum but NOW Jade and Sapphire look nice as well. Any suggestions from others? Any and all advice would be awesome. Congrats by the way to all you happily engaged brides to be!!

    Thanks,

    Melissa



    #2 Samuel Luna

    Samuel Luna
    • Vendor
    • 68 posts
      • LocationPlaya del Carmen, Riviera Maya

      Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

      Hola Melissa! I have a soft spot for Dreams Tulum and their beautiful beach:
      http://samuellunablo...n-dreams-tulum/

      Hope it helps, happy planning!



      #3 RollerBride

      RollerBride
      • Jr. Member
      • 204 posts

        Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

        Congratulations!

        I just got married at Dreams Riviera Cancun 2 weeks ago. It was great! I went to a wedding at Dreams Tulum last year. That was a big reason we picked another Dreams resort. That was great too, but i enjoyed Dreams Riviera Cancun more because it was a shorter ride from the airport a about 20 min (Tulum took almost 2 hours). Dreams Riviera Cancun is also newer. Here is a link to my review:

        http://www.bestdesti...pa/reviews/6402

         

        I really had my eye on on of the Secrets resorts as well, but we had to pick an all ages resort because of our flower girl.

        I hope this helps!

        Let me know if you had any other questions!


        Kip & Kate

        August 4, 2012

        Dreams Riviera Cancun

        www.kipandkateswedding.com

        30 guests


        #4 melnryluvco

        melnryluvco
        • Jr. Member
        • 340 posts

          Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

          Katie- You're review was so helpful! Also you looked so amazing in the pics. If you don't mind me asking how much overall more did you say you paid extra for all the upgraded packages and what not? I'm trying to get a good idea of what we should plan on spending for the extras. Thank you so much for all you help.

           

          Samuel- Your work is beautiful. Are you one of the perferred photographers?



          #5 TammyWright

          TammyWright

            Admin & Owner

          • Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

          Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

          Originally Posted by melnryluvco 

          Katie- You're review was so helpful! Also you looked so amazing in the pics. If you don't mind me asking how much overall more did you say you paid extra for all the upgraded packages and what not? I'm trying to get a good idea of what we should plan on spending for the extras. Thank you so much for all you help.

           

          Samuel- Your work is beautiful. Are you one of the perferred photographers?

          Samuel Luna is running an amazing BDW contest: http://www.bestdesti...ng-photography/

           

          his work is awesome!


          Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

           
          Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
           
          Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


          #6 melnryluvco

          melnryluvco
          • Jr. Member
          • 340 posts

            Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

            Thanks Tammy!!! I actually responded to that contest because he work is so amazing. As you can tell I'm a tish obsessed with wedding photography. I want something that my grandchild will be proud of and Samuel does some amazing work



            #7 RollerBride

            RollerBride
            • Jr. Member
            • 204 posts

              Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

              Originally Posted by melnryluvco 

              Katie- You're review was so helpful! Also you looked so amazing in the pics. If you don't mind me asking how much overall more did you say you paid extra for all the upgraded packages and what not? I'm trying to get a good idea of what we should plan on spending for the extras. Thank you so much for all you help.

               

              Samuel- Your work is beautiful. Are you one of the preferred photographers?

               Thanks so much :)

              Here are some things we upgraded with prices. it seems like a lot, but we really added the minimum compared to some other brides:

              Upgraded to Photo package #3: $1109 (tax included)- 100 pictures extra + 50 from Ultimate package= 150 pictures, DVD of photos, DVD of wedding, photo book

              DJ: $999 (tax included)

              Resort day passes for 2 days ($88 person/day-our best man and wife stayed at another hotel): $355.20 (wedding passes only are $55/person/day)

              2 extra centerpieces: approx $80

              additional guests for ceremony, cocktail and reception (we only had 20 guests included in the wedding package-we paid extra for 9 more guests): approx $800

              Rehearsal dinner: $378

              Sound system for ceremony: $199 (the DJ was the technician for that)

              Extra corsages and boutonnieres: approx $70

              MOH bouquet: $70 (thank goodness i only had one bridesmaid!)

               

              I think that's about it. let me know if you have any questions and I hopes this helped :)


              Kip & Kate

              August 4, 2012

              Dreams Riviera Cancun

              www.kipandkateswedding.com

              30 guests


              #8 Samuel Luna

              Samuel Luna
              • Vendor
              • 68 posts
                • LocationPlaya del Carmen, Riviera Maya

                Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

                Originally Posted by melnryluvco 

                Katie- You're review was so helpful! Also you looked so amazing in the pics. If you don't mind me asking how much overall more did you say you paid extra for all the upgraded packages and what not? I'm trying to get a good idea of what we should plan on spending for the extras. Thank you so much for all you help.

                 

                Samuel- Your work is beautiful. Are you one of the perferred photographers?

                Hola melnryluvco! I don't think I'm on their preferred vendor list, but I have worked there several times in the past 4 years, I just love the place. And thanks for submitting an entry to the contest! Fingers crossed :)



                #9 Moments That Matter

                Moments That Matter

                  Diamond Vendor

                • Insiders
                • 3,074 posts

                  Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

                  Congrats Melissa + welcome aboard the forum ! You're facing a challenging decision, for sure. Here are some magical wedding "moments that matter" we captured at recent weddings at each venue you're considering - to show you some of the unique beauty of each..........

                   

                  Dreams Tulum - this link takes you to the album......

                  Now Jade - with the album link here.......

                  Now Sapphire - and album link here........


                  MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

                   

                   

                  Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

                  Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

                   

                  Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

                  Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

                  Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

                   

                  We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                      100% Deposit Guarantee

                                      100% Satisfaction Guarantee


                  #10 melnryluvco

                  melnryluvco
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 340 posts

                    Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

                    Originally Posted by RollerBride 

                     Thanks so much :)

                    Here are some things we upgraded with prices. it seems like a lot, but we really added the minimum compared to some other brides:

                    Upgraded to Photo package #3: $1109 (tax included)- 100 pictures extra + 50 from Ultimate package= 150 pictures, DVD of photos, DVD of wedding, photo book

                    DJ: $999 (tax included)

                    Resort day passes for 2 days ($88 person/day-our best man and wife stayed at another hotel): $355.20 (wedding passes only are $55/person/day)

                    2 extra centerpieces: approx $80

                    additional guests for ceremony, cocktail and reception (we only had 20 guests included in the wedding package-we paid extra for 9 more guests): approx $800

                    Rehearsal dinner: $378

                    Sound system for ceremony: $199 (the DJ was the technician for that)

                    Extra corsages and boutonnieres: approx $70

                    MOH bouquet: $70 (thank goodness i only had one bridesmaid!)

                     

                    I think that's about it. let me know if you have any questions and I hopes this helped :)

                    Rollerbride: Thank you so much this  did help! Did you take an extra bag for OOT bags and DIY wedding decorations? If so what sort of stuff did you bring?

                     

                     

                    Originally Posted by Samuel Luna 

                    Hola melnryluvco! I don't think I'm on their preferred vendor list, but I have worked there several times in the past 4 years, I just love the place. And thanks for submitting an entry to the contest! Fingers crossed :)

                    Samuel- Ok perfect! Thanks for offering such wonderful services for the contest. And believe me I have my fingers, toes, legs, and arms crossed!! ; )

                     

                    Originally Posted by Moments That Matter 

                    Congrats Melissa + welcome aboard the forum ! You're facing a challenging decision, for sure. Here are some magical wedding "moments that matter" we captured at recent weddings at each venue you're considering - to show you some of the unique beauty of each..........

                     

                    Dreams Tulum - this link takes you to the album......

                    Now Jade - with the album link here.......

                    Now Sapphire - and album link here........

                    Moments- I love the captured moment of the beautiful Indian bride. So lovely! Thanks for the info.






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users