Jump to content

Photo

Please Share your Engagement Stories!


  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
  • Jr. Member
  • 270 posts

    Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

    My fiance, Adam, and I met through Match.com.  He was about 12 months back from a 9-month deployment tour in Afghanistan and I was getting back into dating after an abusive relationship and heart attack (yes - you read right, I had a heart attack at the age of 25).  When he messaged me, I almost ignored the message.  He lived in Oklahoma City and I am in Dallas.  That could never work; however, his message to me was worth at least a profile review.  All he asked was "what kind of bike is in your picture" and "when is your next race"?  At the time I was into Ironman racing (before my cardiac arrest).  After careful review of his pictures (not his profile), I decided to respond.  He had a picture with Goofy. Any man good enough to put a picture of him with Goofy on his profile is a man worth talking to.  So I messaged him back and we talked back and forth for almost a month before we agreed to meet.  I drove up to OKC because Toy Story 3 On Ice was performing at the State Fair so we decided that would be an amazing first date.  And it was everything a first date should be plus so much more!  I wanted to see more of him and spend more time with him but the Air Force was sending him to Japan for 2 weeks.  We agreed to have Skype dates and "see" each other as much as possible. When he got back, that was the beginning of our relationship and we have been together ever since.  We have never lived in the same city as each other, we have never spent more than 14 consecutive days together due to our distance but we talk & chat 3-4 times per day and I wouldn't trade any of that for anything in the world.  Adam is my rock and truly my savior.  He proposed at Disney World after the Marathon in January.  My family was there, as was his sister.  It was after dinner in Epcot.  My profile picture is him getting down on one knee.  I absolutely adore my man and couldn't imagine being with anyone better than he is.  He asked my dad and mom for permission.  He planned the whole proposal with my family and his since Thanksgiving.  It was very magical.  In my 18+ trips to Disney, I can easily say this was the best one yet! We are getting married on April 25, 2014 - as long as war doesn't break out between now and then!  We are very excited to spend the rest of our lives together and cannot wait to start a new chapter in our book together!  :)

    What a beautiful story! I loved his proposal and how he had carefully planned it!!! Sounds like a wonderf guy. I am so glad to hear of another online success story. I wish you guys the best in your future together and may there be lots of joy, health, friendship, and love!

    #22 SweetheartAggie

    SweetheartAggie
    • Newbie
    • 43 posts

      Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

      What a beautiful story! I loved his proposal and how he had carefully planned it!!! Sounds like a wonderf guy. I am so glad to hear of another online success story. I wish you guys the best in your future together and may there be lots of joy, health, friendship, and love!

      Thank you so much! We are happy/excited!

      #23 AllieH

      AllieH
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

      Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

      what a wonderful story, and a memorable proposal!! I want to wish you both all the best as you begin your lives together. and thank you both for your service to our country.

       

       

      Originally Posted by SweetheartAggie 

      We are getting married on April 25, 2014 - as long as war doesn't break out between now and then!  We are very excited to spend the rest of our lives together and cannot wait to start a new chapter in our book together!  :)


       

      Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

      Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

      El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

      AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


      #24 SweetheartAggie

      SweetheartAggie
      • Newbie
      • 43 posts

        Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

        Originally Posted by AllieH 

        what a wonderful story, and a memorable proposal!! I want to wish you both all the best as you begin your lives together. and thank you both for your service to our country.

         

         

        Thank you Allie.  :) Definitely appreciate the warm wishes! :) :) :)



        #25 LKocelko

        LKocelko
        • Jr. Member
        • 350 posts

          Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

          *

           

          We had been planning a trip to Toronto to see one of our favorite bands, Dispatch. We planned on stopping in Niagara Falls for a day/night, since neither of us had ever been. My FI was adamant that one of the activities he wanted to do was the "Journey Behind the Falls" tour, where you get to do walk around behind the falls and take in the sights from there. We were getting absolutely drenched, even with our big yellow ponchos. He wanted to find someone to take a picture of us, and was searching for (what seemed like) forever. I was telling him, "oh my god, just pick someone! I'm soaking wet!" Once he (finally) found someone he came back over by me to take the picture. Instead of standing next to me to pose, he dropped down to one need and reached into his pocket. Ever the romantic (and probably the most nervous he's been in his life) he was able to blurt out "I know we're really wet right now....but will you marry me?" No I love you or anything haha. After a few "ohmygods" from me, I said yes. He was so nervous that he then got up, closed the box, turned to get the camera back, totally forgetting to put the ring on my finger. I was like, "Um excuse me, can I have that?!" He put it on my finger and we went to get our camera from the random stranger. The guy turns to us and goes, "I didn't get any of that!" This pretty much gave us a heart attack, but obviously he was just kidding. So now I have a nice photo to remind me of the occasion :) I was so excited I blurted it out to the gift shop lady on our way out. Back at the hotel I made him tell me what he had intended to say. But I told him since he got a photo of it and it was at a romantic place that I'd let the lack of speech slide.



          #26 Jessica Correa

          Jessica Correa
          • Jr. Member
          • 270 posts

            Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

            Originally Posted by LKocelko 

            *

             

            We had been planning a trip to Toronto to see one of our favorite bands, Dispatch. We planned on stopping in Niagara Falls for a day/night, since neither of us had ever been. My FI was adamant that one of the activities he wanted to do was the "Journey Behind the Falls" tour, where you get to do walk around behind the falls and take in the sights from there. We were getting absolutely drenched, even with our big yellow ponchos. He wanted to find someone to take a picture of us, and was searching for (what seemed like) forever. I was telling him, "oh my god, just pick someone! I'm soaking wet!" Once he (finally) found someone he came back over by me to take the picture. Instead of standing next to me to pose, he dropped down to one need and reached into his pocket. Ever the romantic (and probably the most nervous he's been in his life) he was able to blurt out "I know we're really wet right now....but will you marry me?" No I love you or anything haha. After a few "ohmygods" from me, I said yes. He was so nervous that he then got up, closed the box, turned to get the camera back, totally forgetting to put the ring on my finger. I was like, "Um excuse me, can I have that?!" He put it on my finger and we went to get our camera from the random stranger. The guy turns to us and goes, "I didn't get any of that!" This pretty much gave us a heart attack, but obviously he was just kidding. So now I have a nice photo to remind me of the occasion :) I was so excited I blurted it out to the gift shop lady on our way out. Back at the hotel I made him tell me what he had intended to say. But I told him since he got a photo of it and it was at a romantic place that I'd let the lack of speech slide.

             

             

            haha this was very cute and thoughtful. It probably did not play like this in his mind but I am sure that it made this moment very special. I loved it. Congrats



            #27 LKocelko

            LKocelko
            • Jr. Member
            • 350 posts

              Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:55 AM

              Originally Posted by Jessica Correa 

               

               

              haha this was very cute and thoughtful. It probably did not play like this in his mind but I am sure that it made this moment very special. I loved it. Congrats

              Thank you! Needless to say it wasn't the huge romantic proposal I expected, but it is very much in line with our silly relationship. And I'll never be able to say "I can't even remember what he said" because it was just too funny! We joke his vows will be, "Babe, we're in Mexico. It's 80 and sunny. I take you as my wife." Oh boys...



              #28 AllieH

              AllieH
              • Resort/Area Ambassadors
              • 2,014 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
              • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
              • LocationAtlanta, GA

              Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

              it's an awesome story Lindsey!! mine kept threatening to do the Princess Bride ceremony - "do you?" yes "do you?" yes "MAN AND WIFE". in the end, he came up with really awesome vows that made all of us teary eyed. meanwhile, my vows were the ones that had a bit of silly in them.

               

              I know your ceremony will be awesome! and SOON! 

              Originally Posted by LKocelko 

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jessica Correa 

               

               

              haha this was very cute and thoughtful. It probably did not play like this in his mind but I am sure that it made this moment very special. I loved it. Congrats

              Thank you! Needless to say it wasn't the huge romantic proposal I expected, but it is very much in line with our silly relationship. And I'll never be able to say "I can't even remember what he said" because it was just too funny! We joke his vows will be, "Babe, we're in Mexico. It's 80 and sunny. I take you as my wife." Oh boys...

               


               

              Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

              Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

              El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

              AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


              #29 LKocelko

              LKocelko
              • Jr. Member
              • 350 posts

                Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

                Originally Posted by AllieH 

                it's an awesome story Lindsey!! mine kept threatening to do the Princess Bride ceremony - "do you?" yes "do you?" yes "MAN AND WIFE". in the end, he came up with really awesome vows that made all of us teary eyed. meanwhile, my vows were the ones that had a bit of silly in them.

                 

                I know your ceremony will be awesome! and SOON! 

                 


                Thanks Allie....two weeks from today! How time has flown...



                #30 moodyc82

                moodyc82
                • Member
                • 614 posts
                • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
                • LocationNJ

                Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

                My FI Roy and I met on plentyoffish.com. He was the only person off there that I actually went on a date with. He lived in NJ and I lived in NY (35miles). After about 3 weeks of talking via aim and the phone we finally decided to go on a date. We met at the mall and went to dinner at Friday's (real romantic lol) we talked for so long the waiter finally threw us out. We didn't want to leave so we decided to see a movie. After the movie we sat just talking until finally he had to leave because of work (he works the overnight shift). The next day we made plans for our second date (trip to central park!). He asked me out after a hockey game on March 16th 2010 (my first hockey game ever!) After a year and a half of dating I moved to NJ to live with him. Best decission of my life. On our 3yr anniv. he made plans for us to go to the central park zoo. Only problem was we realized it was the weekend of the st patty's parade and neither of us wanted to deal with those drunks so he canceled the plans and made reservations at the Revel resort in AC. We had the top floor suite. A little before midnight the night before our anniv he told me to go get some ice so we can have a few drinks and go out. I went to get the ice and the damn ice machine was broken!!! So I had to go to another floor to get the ice. When i walked back into the room there was a line of rose petals that led up to the bed and a huge wrapped box. I walked over and sat down to open the box, inside was a custom made hockey jersey with his last name and the number 16 for our anniv. when I put the jersey down he was standing with the box open and asked me to marry him. PS he recorded the whole thing!!!! Was the best trip ever!!

                 

                Cindy




                Back to Share your Wedding & Engagement Stories!


                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users