2013 Majestic Elegance Brides

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#121 MissBubbles205

• 1,350 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bride2B0713 

These fans are awesome. Might be a silly question, but when you wrap them, how does the ribbon stay in place? Or were you able to wrap it tight enough so that it stays?

I believe some ladies used those glue dots from the scrapbook section, but I just used a dot of hot glue. :o)

#122 pokeyholly

• 176 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

Yes, they were trying to give me 11am or 1pm, but I definitely wanted something later...Cocktail hour is a good idea, but I think the Main Lobby ones open at 6pm? I really don't remember, does anyone know what time it opens? I'd rather tell everyone, please go meet at such and such bar after the ceremony, so the hubby and I can take pics. Not just go find a drink at whatever bar. LOL. What are you doing for dinner and reception?

I didn't realize that you responded to my post! I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing for my reception/ dinner. I feel like I need to wait until I get a better idea of whose gonna come. Are you doing the beach or gazebo? I was so indecisive. Itried to book Phil for our photographer but he leaves the week before my wedding :( but I did snag Jamie dimitry and I'm really pleased with his work :) have you gone dress shopping yet? Today was my first time. SO exciting but I'm just so indecisive. It's so exciting :)

#123 Bride2B0713

• 47 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Im doing it at the beach, I see it as thats the whole point of having a destination wedding, at least for me. We had thought about gazebo but beach weddings are beautiful! For dinner we booked it at sea & see and reception at the wet bar. I dont really want to wait and see who is coming in case what I want gets booked! Havent gone dress shopping yet! But I cant wait!!

#124 darcybride

• 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of you could suggest a bar area for us to host our "welcome party" cocktail hour.  We don't want to pay extra for the area, but just want a meeting place where we can kind of spread out.  I've never been to the resort, so I don't know which of the bar locations would be best.  Any advice would be wonderful!

Thank you!

#125 breluke18

• 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

So I think we have officially decided on Majestic Elegance for December 2013. Thanks to all the help from you ladies actually!

We just requested quotes from our TA.. Does anyone have any idea what to expect for this time?

#126 Mady28

• 164 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 28, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Huracan Cafe
            • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

I contacted a couple of TA's this past weekend and they told me that it was too early for quotes. I was told that I needed to wait till January when the quotes would be open for November 2013. What one of them did was that they provided a quote for Oct 2013, so that way we could have an idea as to how much it would be. Let me know if they provide you with info!

#127 Asia Pimentel

Asia Pimentel
            • Vendor
            • 62 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

Hi girls, how are you, you´ve got me excited with all these planning tips, I´m a kind of shopaholic,  so shopping, planning, weddings, it´s my thing, and I´m also a wedding photographer based at Punta Cana,  Dominican Republic, If you haven´t hired a photographer yet I´d like you to consider us, Asia Pimentel Photography & Cinematrography.  , I´ve seen that some of you have hired HdC, good choice, I've used to work with them, Millan is so a great guy  and Charly is awesome, so cute & funny, smart & Professional, he was kind of guide for me when I left Photography School, you´ll absolutely love to have him in your wedding,  So girls, you already know if you haven´t hired any photographer yet please check our work,  and don´t hesitate to get in contact with us to know our launching offers,  See you.   www.asiapimentel.com    https://pinterest.com/asiapimentel/     Happy Planning    Asia Pimentel   l

#128 lmanzi219

• 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

We are getting married at the Majestic Elegance on June 1, 2013. We have been the Elegance and also the colonial on two vacations and fell in love with this resort. For the most part, the planning is done. We are now looking into planning an excursion to Saona Island as a thank you/favor for our wedding guests. We are set to be marriend on the beach at 3pm and our reception is at the parrot bar. We didn't book a DJ but are booking the dominican trio for music during dinner. Our color is Aqua but the cermeony I have chosen a green and aqua combination which I'm hoping will look pretty with the water colors. Our bridesmaid dresses are coral color and I have also picked out flowers and photographer. Not sure what to do about hair/makeup. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Attached Files

• Attached File  Menu.jpg   75.39KB   6 downloads

#129 Mady28

• 164 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 28, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Huracan Cafe
                • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

As far as hair/makeup goes, I heard some really good reviews on Krystie Ann. Check her out and see what you think.

#130 Asia Pimentel

Asia Pimentel
                • Vendor
                • 62 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

Hi lmanzi219, ask to your coordinator for the, Canela  trio, they are the best trio here at Punta Cana.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users