Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#5571 clynn

clynn
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Did you buy your dress, after booking your location, that's the first thing I'd do. SOmetimes they can take 5 months to come in, then 2-3 mos for alterations.

#5572 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
    • Community Manager
    • 1,277 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by shasmith82 

I agree my wedding is in June 2015 I just got started I Want to give my guest plenty of time to plan and give myself time to do everything I want engagement party etc.

Yay Congrats and welcome..... where are you getting married at?

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#5573 Jennkn87

Jennkn87
      • 212 posts
      • Wedding Date:September 19, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid - Montego Bay, Jamaica
      • LocationOhio

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by shasmith82 

I agree my wedding is in June 2015 I just got started I Want to give my guest plenty of time to plan and give myself time to do everything I want engagement party etc.

Congrats and Happy Planning!

#5574 Jennkn87

Jennkn87
      • 212 posts
      • LocationOhio

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

I'm getting closer!! only 24 more!!!!

#5575 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
      • Community Manager
      • 1,277 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jennkn87 

I'm getting closer!! only 24 more!!!!

Woot!  keep em coming! haha

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#5576 Jennkn87

Jennkn87
        • 212 posts
        • LocationOhio

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

I'm bringing up the subject of...Legal vs. Symbolic ceremony. Who is doing what? Is it easier do the legal thing before you head down for your DW? It seems to me with the little research and threads that I have read it would be ALOT cheaper. I would worry what day we should celebrate our actual anniversay on? If we decide to do it this way (which I'm leaning torwards the more I read) I would do the legal part HUSH HUSH, where only the FI and I were there. No one needs to know the ceremony on the beach is "pretend"! :mswink:  What is everyone elses thoughts?

#5577 Jennkn87

Jennkn87
        • 212 posts
        • LocationOhio

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

I'm getting them done tonight!! I am putting my foot down!! LOL

#5578 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
        • Community Manager
        • 1,277 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

Quote:

I'm bringing up the subject of...Legal vs. Symbolic ceremony. Who is doing what? Is it easier do the legal thing before you head down for your DW? It seems to me with the little research and threads that I have read it would be ALOT cheaper. I would worry what day we should celebrate our actual anniversay on? If we decide to do it this way (which I'm leaning torwards the more I read) I would do the legal part HUSH HUSH, where only the FI and I were there. No one needs to know the ceremony on the beach is "pretend"! :mswink:  What is everyone elses thoughts?

I have gone back and forth on this subject... I have decided to just get married in St. Lucia.  I think if we did it here first I would do it hush hush but then like you said... do you celebrate that day or the day of you "DW"     and I know myself... I would want to do something special if we did it here first because it would be a special day.  I think in the end I decided I just wanted to have one wedding date.

If I was going to Mexico or anywhere that required blood test and stuff like that I would def do it here first. 

I don't think it is a bad idea though!

#5579 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
          • Community Manager
          • 1,277 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

Quote:

I'm getting them done tonight!! I am putting my foot down!! LOL

hahah keep em coming!!! 

#5580 Jennkn87

Jennkn87
            • 212 posts
            • LocationOhio

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

I know. I originally thought, since there are no blood tests/translations it would be just as easy and you wouldn't have two dates, plus we are having an at home reception. (not that you have a special date for that). At the resort we chose...it is $300 for the legal ceremony, and $150 for the symbolic ceremony. I figure...thats $150 more that I can use torwards decor or something else. I'm on the fence still...but the more I read about it the more I'm thinking it would be just as easy to get married here first. I'm afraid if we told anyone, however, his parents would throw a fit. They are already causing drama about this whole wedding and the fact that we are leaving the country for it. I'm trying not to let them stress me out!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users