Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#1851 MissJali

MissJali
  • 935 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

Hahah awesome! I can see it now "YOU WILL FILL UP MY BOTTLES! IT IS MYYYYY WEDDING!!" hhehehe

Seriously though!!! I already warned my fiance. But im sure my dad will enable me lol. Esp since we always go to this resort! Hmmph!!! Lol

#1852 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
    • Community Manager
    • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

If you girls dont mind, how much are you spending on flight and rooms for you and your fi? I kinda wanna splurge

I can't look at air fare yet.... so I have no idea.. I feel like of bad for my guest - I was able to give them a starting price on the minimum room stay but we all have to wait to find out flight charges. I say if you want to and can afford to splurge Go for it. Get a quote for two options and then figure out what comes with the more expensive option - see if it feels like it is worth it :) It is your wedding after all heheheh
      xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#1853 DeeP10

DeeP10
      • 270 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

I've decided today I'm gonna sit around and hit my 150 number count. Hahahaha. I have about 53 to go I think. Lmao! So be ready for random thoughts from me. Haaaaaaa:D

#1854 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
        • Community Manager
        • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

Seriously though!!! I already warned my fiance. But im sure my dad will enable me lol. Esp since we always go to this resort! Hmmph!!! Lol

Hahha nice!
          xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#1855 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
          • Community Manager
          • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:46 AM

I've decided today I'm gonna sit around and hit my 150 number count. Hahahaha. I have about 53 to go I think. Lmao! So be ready for random thoughts from me. Haaaaaaa:D

Soo - how's the weather?

#1856 DeeP10

DeeP10
            • 270 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

If you girls dont mind, how much are you spending on flight and rooms for you and your fi? I kinda wanna splurge

We are going to be frugal on this I think... I'm a flight attendant so although I fly relatively free I'm going to purchase our flights to DR. So we aren't standby. ( he's so spoiled now he was like " we are going to buy a flight? ) hahaha. I gave him " the look" no Hun , we are going to go Standby to our own wedding and Pray we get on . If not ! People can just party without us". Lol! But we will probably non rev back. Every dollar helps. He'll that can even pay for my fire show. :0) the room I have to decide on. Probably wont do much more than an upgraded room. On our honeymoon whenever that will be , I'll go big!

#1857 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
              • Community Manager
              • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

We are going to be frugal on this I think... I'm a flight attendant so although I fly relatively free I'm going to purchase our flights to DR. So we aren't standby. ( he's so spoiled now he was like " we are going to buy a flight? ) hahaha. I gave him " the look" no Hun , we are going to go Standby to our own wedding and Pray we get on . If not ! People can just party without us". Lol! But we will probably non rev back. Every dollar helps. He'll that can even pay for my fire show. :0) the room I have to decide on. Probably wont do much more than an upgraded room. On our honeymoon whenever that will be , I'll go big!

HAha Men are funny!!! Fire Show - like Fire Dancers? I was thinking about doing that. Your going on a separate honeymoon - what were you thinking about doing for that?

#1858 MissJali

MissJali
                • 935 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

Im going to think about it, we're def getting an upgraded room, i dont care too much for first class esp at the ridiculous rates they charge you. But we're not splurging too much on the wedding, mil is paying for the full dj package with the fire show and my parents are taking care of the photographer so im thinking the basic air/hotel package for the basic room is about $1600 for the 7 nights, we could spend a little more ti get a better room altho all of the rooms are great lol. Supposedly fi's grandfather is payong for our honeymoon to st. Vincent, since the fiance is from there and we'll head over to the grenadines but we'll see. We're also looking at possibly just buying a condo/coop since it comes out about the same as rent here in nyc smh

#1859 shugapop1

shugapop1
                  • 868 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by DeeP10 

We are going to be frugal on this I think...

I'm a flight attendant so although I fly relatively free I'm going to purchase our flights to DR. So we aren't standby. ( he's so spoiled now he was like " we are going to buy a flight? ) hahaha. I gave him " the look" no Hun , we are going to go Standby to our own wedding and Pray we get on . If not ! People can just party without us". Lol!

But we will probably non rev back. Every dollar helps. He'll that can even pay for my fire show. :0)
                    the room I have to decide on. Probably wont do much more than an upgraded room. On our honeymoon whenever that will be , I'll go big

we have not booked our flight yet as we are just this past week within our 330 day window to be able to see cost of flights. our flights are running an average of about  490.00pp and to ssay at resort we will be at it's 2500.00 for week for the both of us. which i felt was pretty good considering all rooms at resort are oceanview and each has private balcony

#1860 shugapop1

shugapop1
                    • 868 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by shugapop1 

we have not booked our flight yet as we are just this past week within our 330 day window to be able to see cost of flights. our flights are running an average of about  490.00pp and to ssay at resort we will be at it's 2500.00 for week for the both of us. which i felt was pretty good considering all rooms at resort are oceanview and each has private balcony

he and i have been together for little over 9 years and living together for 6. so while we want this to be a very nice event, we both are everyday working class people who also realize tht we have to live with everyday bills and expenses whenn we return home. lmao

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users