Photo

Has anyone used an online service to change their name?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RollerBride

RollerBride
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:40 AM

Hey ladies (and some gentleman),

My fiance and I got legally married in CA in May. Our destination wedding is in 3 weeks in Mexico. I didn't go through the process of changing my name yet just in case the process took too long.

So I think I have all the info on how to go about changing my name and all the offices I have to go to with the appropriate paperwork. However, I came across a website like this that claims to take care of everything:

http://www.legalzoom...CFSgbQgodSE_lWA

Has anyone done anything like this? Is it legit? Is it a scam? Am I better off just going in person?

Thanks!!

Kip & Kate

August 4, 2012

Dreams Riviera Cancun

www.kipandkateswedding.com

30 guests

#2 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
    • 458 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

I would just do it yourself if I were you. I am in the process right now and it really isnt that difficult. I would be reluctant to give the website all of the personal information required to change your name. I found a website on The Knot that lists out the steps and I thought that was pretty helpful.

Hey ladies (and some gentleman),

My fiance and I got legally married in CA in May. Our destination wedding is in 3 weeks in Mexico. I didn't go through the process of changing my name yet just in case the process took too long.

So I think I have all the info on how to go about changing my name and all the offices I have to go to with the appropriate paperwork. However, I came across a website like this that claims to take care of everything:

http://www.legalzoom...CFSgbQgodSE_lWA

Has anyone done anything like this? Is it legit? Is it a scam? Am I better off just going in person?

Thanks!!

#3 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

I agree, I would just change it yourself.  It really isn't hard to change your name just a bit time consuming to go everywhere and get it changed.  In Alberta, the first thing I had to change was my drivers license.  After that is changed I was able to change everything else from passport, SIN card and bank accounts.  Some of the places I don't go to often such as Drs office and Dentist office I decided I would just change the next time I was there rather then make a special trip just to change my name. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users