$1000 to rent a sound system?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 essandpea

essandpea
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

Hi all,

Our DJ friends from home are preparing mixes for us to play at our November beach wedding. We were hoping to rent a sound system, but are flabbergasted by the cost (way more than rates of vendors we've used in the U.S.). We were quoted nearly $1000 to rent a sound system for the ceremony and reception (it's $1500 for a DJ!, which I understand). Can anyone weigh in on whether this is the going rate?

Thanks!

#2 Sandy Planner

Sandy Planner
    • 113 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Dear Ess & Pea: How long do you need the equipment? ... do you have specific requirements for the equipment in terms of speakers, mixers etc??  Regards

Sandy

#3 essandpea

essandpea
      • 66 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

Hi Sandy,

We need a speaker system with mic for 1 hour ceremony, 1 hour cocktails, and ~6 hours dinner/dancing. Nothing fancy, and no mixing equipment, just good quality speakers so that 100+ guests can hear a ceremony on the beach and then music during the reception. If you have any leads for a significantly more affordable price, we'd appreciate them! Thank you.

#4 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
        • 603 posts
          • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by essandpea 

Hi Sandy,

We need a speaker system with mic for 1 hour ceremony, 1 hour cocktails, and ~6 hours dinner/dancing. Nothing fancy, and no mixing equipment, just good quality speakers so that 100+ guests can hear a ceremony on the beach and then music during the reception. If you have any leads for a significantly more affordable price, we'd appreciate them! Thank you.

Hello  essandpea, 

Where in the riviera maya are you having your wedding? you can pm me details so I find you an affordable price.

If you have any questions donĀ“t hesitate to ask and I will be happy to answer you.

Happy planning!

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
          weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
          http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
          Joyce

#5 jennyda2

jennyda2
          • 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

Hi,

I just got married in Cancun. I paid the hotel 150 for the sound system, microphone and all the fix ins for the wedding ceremony and it came with a technician. my dj company quoted me 300 i think  that is originally what the hotel quoted us but they gave us a deal since we had so many more people.

1500 for the reception is only a bit more than what i paid. but i wanted a really good dj with excellent reviews. and they delivered. it was dj mannia. amazing.  

#6 essandpea

essandpea
            • 66 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

Thanks for the input! After months of research, it does seem like booking a DJ is the way to go. Glad DJ Mannia worked out for you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users