Photo

Need Help on Location for wedding In Cabo!!!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:27 PM

if you are going to have 100 people then an AI might be your best bet...i had my wedding for $14,000 for almost 60 people but i really researched prices, etc.

for ex. dreams is $24 per person for the ceremony and $24 per person for the reception (which includes open bar)...so that is $48 per person...for the food cost it will be $4800 for you and then you pay about $2500 for photography...it is really doable.

melia is also fun for a younger group and less expensive.

also, i think cabo surf will work for your budget....maybe instead of open bar all night you can have it for a few hours.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#12 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:48 PM

I think $25,000 is doable for a DW. I had a DW that was more like a at home wedding for 150 people in Napa for less than that.

The other girls have mentioned some really great locations. Check out these threads on the hotels girls from the forum have been married at

http://bestdestinati....os-santos.html

http://bestdestinati....info-pics.html

http://bestdestinati....ial-suite.html

I am sure there are tons more but these are different than some of the girls mentioned.
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#13 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:51 PM

I think $25,000 is doable for a DW. I had a DW that was more like a at home wedding for 150 people in Napa for less than that.

The other girls have mentioned some really great locations. Check out these threads on the hotels girls from the forum have been married at

http://bestdestinati....os-santos.html

http://bestdestinati....info-pics.html

http://bestdestinati....ial-suite.html

I am sure there are tons more but these are different than some of the girls mentioned.
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#14 Leia78

Leia78
  • VIP Member
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:45 AM

I chose Dreams Los Cabos b/c it was an AI and it was affordable. There are so many brides on this forum that have been married there and are planning to get married there...which makes planning a DW a cinch (or at least easier). I'm going on a site visit early next month and will take notes and take many pics. Maybe it will help you decided?!?!

#15 mhoudek

mhoudek
    • 53 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:51 AM

Thank you guys all so very much!!! I have realized that an AI is for sure the way to go! Dreams quoted me on rooms $245 a night a person. Is that a lot for an all inclusive? I really have no idea b/c I have never done one before. It seems kind of pricey to me? What do you think? I am also talking to Cabo Surf-they seem very willing to work with me. :)
      Matt and Melissa
      April 18, 2009
      Ceremony at Private Beach in Playacar
      Reception at Kool Beach Club
      Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

#16 Leia78

Leia78
      • VIP Member
      • 2,459 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:08 PM

I agree w/ you. $245/pp is a lot. It really depends on the time you go (ie peak season). We weren't particular about our date, but knew we wanted to get married at the end of 2008. The rate of Dreams dropped in Oct. vs. Nov. & Dec. So we are trying to get that last Sat. in Oct. 2008. Tammy (host) is also helping us w/ the travel arrangements. She has a lot of pull b/c she knows if they don't do a good job, they'll get bad reviews on this fourm. She's also super nice and so helpful w/ any questions you may have regarding you wedding.

#17 Kseif

Kseif
        • 44 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:34 PM

I agree - $245pp is a lot.
          What dates are you looking at? My wedding was at Dreams in June of this past summer and I think our guests paid around $150 pp.
          Your budget is great - absolutely doable!

#18 Wisco4

Wisco4
          • 666 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:53 PM

Sunset quoted us $12,500 for a buy-out in 2008. You have to meet that amount in food and beverages and we know that we will do that with our guest list. Dinner prices range from around $70-$100 pp and drinks are around $75 pp for 4 hours (basic bar). Now that's not including entertainment, flowers, attire, favors, decor, etc. Yikes! Now I'm realizing how much this is gonna cost!

Before we went on our site visit, I was also in love with the Sheraton but once I saw all there is out there I realized there is no bad place to get married. Casa Del Mar is also beautiful! And you can't go wrong with Dreams. We just wanted to be closer to the city of Cabo.

~Amanda

#19 mhoudek

mhoudek
            • 53 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:15 PM

Thanks so much Amanda. What is the place that quoted you the $12,500 called? Sunset? I'm going to talk to the guy at Cabo Surf right now to see what he says. Does anyone know what other hotels are near it? I already have a few complaints about people who wouldn't want to share rooms. So I would need another option for them! :)
              Matt and Melissa
              April 18, 2009
              Ceremony at Private Beach in Playacar
              Reception at Kool Beach Club
              Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

#20 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
              • VIP Member
              • 11,403 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:57 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mhoudek
                Thanks so much Amanda. What is the place that quoted you the $12,500 called? Sunset? I'm going to talk to the guy at Cabo Surf right now to see what he says. Does anyone know what other hotels are near it? I already have a few complaints about people who wouldn't want to share rooms. So I would need another option for them! :)
                Amanda was talking about Sunset Da Mona Lisa I'm pretty sure.

I got married at the Cabo Surf hotel, and there are a lot of condos nearby. Several of my guests booked condos thru ..VRBO® is Vacation Rentals by Owner® Vacation Homes Rentals by Owner - basically owners are renting out their places. You can get really good deals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users