Originally Posted by Mimi127
Those will look amazing and that is such a great idea. My colors are red, turquoise and a hint of hot pink however I wont have any turquoise in my bouquet instead it will be tied with a turquoise satin ribbon. I am still deciding what flowers to use. I am thinking of using ginger blossom along with some other tropical flowers. Are you getting your flowers from the resort or are you using Tai Flora or Floral Fantasy?
Love the idea of bringing the turquoise in with a ribbon! And your flower options sound really pretty!
I can't take credit for the pomander/bowl idea, another BDW bride gave me the idea first! Here's what hers looked like.
I am using Tai Flora, but they are also the florist used by Secrets. So if you get a proposal from Secrets it's actually Tai Flora. I reached out to Tai Flora a couple months ago so by the time I got contacted by Secrets to make all of my choices for food, music, cake, flowers, etc. I already had a proposal for the flower portion ready to go.
They are providing us with:
- two post archway with purple fabric (I bought some online and will bring it with me) and crystals ($500) It'll look like this, but there won't be those two pillars with flowers
- my bouquet of purple vanda orchids, purple hydrangeas, purple lisianthus, and purple calla lillies ($360)
- bridesmaid's bouquet of purple hydrangeas and purple calla lillies ($210)
- boutonnieres of purple calla lilies ($25 each)
- 10 pomander balls with deep purple and fuchsia carnations ($850)
It's not cheap but I decided I want real flowers so it's a splurge and I'm ok with it!