Photo

ROR- Any brides get their dresses steamed here?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tia529

Tia529
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

Ok, this might be a little ridiculous, but I'm already nervous about this.  Have any ROR brides gotten their dresses steamed by the resort before the wedding?  I'm counting on my dress having a few wrinkles after the travel from Chicago to MBJ, and I know the resort offers this service.  BUT, I'm worried that my dress will get ruined or something.  Any advice or tips?

#2 Blujaye

Blujaye
    • Site Supporter
    • 96 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

Hi! I'm getting married there in October and had the same concerns. A good friend of mine attended the wedding of her bff and they had made arrangements with Keisha to have the dress sent out to be steamed (its not done on the property). She did admit they were very worried but the dress came back in one piece. That being said, she suggested that I just bring my own steamer to take out the wrinkles. A few brides had done this while she was there. This way the dress is always with you. I think this will be the route I'll be taking. Good luck and let me know what you end up doing interviews end :)
      Marrying my best friend on October 6th, 2012 at the Riu Ocho Rios!!

#3 Blujaye

Blujaye
      • Site Supporter
      • 96 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

Sorry, I meant to say let me know what you end up doing *in* the end! Darn autocorrect :(
        Marrying my best friend on October 6th, 2012 at the Riu Ocho Rios!!

#4 Tia529

Tia529
        • 76 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Thanks for the input!  I am way too scared to actually steam it myself; I ruined a bridesmaid's dress for my friend's wedding doing that once.  I've been trying to do some research on steaming/pressing silk wedding gowns, and I'm getting totally conflicting answers (of course.)  Now I'm even more confused.

#5 lkterry

lkterry
          • 157 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

I was wondering about this too.  I fear my dress will get shoved in the overhead bin and be a wrinkly nightmare!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users