Jump to content

Photo

Overwhelmed!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

    Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:35 AM

    I just looked and saw that my wedding is in 7 months and 3 weeks. Ok, I know it's awhile away, but I'm starting to feel like I have nothing done (especially compared to all of your awesome DIY projects!). I'm also in the process of selling our house and buying a new one and interviewing for a new job!!! I am starting to feel like I'm in 10 places at once and I haven't had time to finish anything I start...ahhhh!!!!

    Oh yeah, I'm also in charge of planning my 10 year high school reunion which is in November and I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding in 2 weeks and have basically been in charge of planning everything for her bachelorette party!

    Just needed to vent...thanks!

    #2 MsShelley

    MsShelley

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

      Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:40 AM

      you really do have a lot of time.... I am less than 2 months away and have just been doing my DIY's for about a month now.... You will be fine, is there anything we can help you with?

      #3 TATrisha

      TATrisha

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 12,377 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 11, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principle Akumal
      • LocationWisconsin

      Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:40 AM

      Just to let you know... your panicking makes me panic! My wedding is a month before yours! AHHH! I suppose it's my own fault. I keep looking at check lists and realizing the only thing I have done is my engagement photos and I bought my dress. That's not good!

      ~Trisha~

      Destination Wedding Photographer & Travel Agent
      www.faberphotography.com - My latest destination wedding photos can be found HERE

      Disney Specialist  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

       
      Looking for a travel agent that KNOWS DISNEY?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
       
      Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)   |  AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  |  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner   |   Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


      #4 Spazz

      Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

        Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:42 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by beachbride
        you really do have a lot of time.... I am less than 2 months away and have just been doing my DIY's for about a month now.... You will be fine, is there anything we can help you with?
        I can't think of anything, but thanks for the offer. I know you're so crazy with your own, it's so soon! I just keep doing unnecessary things (like debating if I should get that purse...lol) instead of stuff I should be doing.

        #5 Spazz

        Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

          Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:43 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Tlseege
          Just to let you know... your panicking makes me panic! My wedding is a month before yours! AHHH! I suppose it's my own fault. I keep looking at check lists and realizing the only thing I have done is my engagement photos and I bought my dress. That's not good!
          I think we both have awhile, it's just that today it's seeming like it will never get done. What is next on your list to be done?

          #6 MsShelley

          MsShelley

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

            Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:44 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lizz
            I can't think of anything, but thanks for the offer. I know you're so crazy with your own, it's so soon! I just keep doing unnecessary things (like debating if I should get that purse...lol) instead of stuff I should be doing.
            you are so funny!! I debated too.. but then I couldn't find anything else I loved as much... and for the price...

            #7 TATrisha

            TATrisha

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 12,377 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 11, 2008
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principle Akumal
            • LocationWisconsin

            Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:47 AM

            Next on my list is getting the stupid confirmation from the resort!! :)
            After that we have to book our travel and get our save the dates out. And we NEED to decide on our bridal party!

            What's next for you?

            ~Trisha~

            Destination Wedding Photographer & Travel Agent
            www.faberphotography.com - My latest destination wedding photos can be found HERE

            Disney Specialist  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

             
            Looking for a travel agent that KNOWS DISNEY?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
             
            Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)   |  AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  |  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner   |   Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


            #8 Spazz

            Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

              Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:49 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tlseege
              Next on my list is getting the stupid confirmation from the resort!! :)
              After that we have to book our travel and get our save the dates out. And we NEED to decide on our bridal party!

              What's next for you?
              Did you meet with your TA yet? Did you decide on your STDs?

              I don't know what's next for me... I think I need to wait to find out exactly how many people are coming before doing anything else.

              #9 IrieBride08

              IrieBride08
              • Member
              • 716 posts

                Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:13 AM

                Lizz, I think you're doing very well. You've been communicating with Chandlyn, nailing down details, etc. Don't worry!

                If anything, I'm using you for inspiration in my planning cuz I haven't spoken to my coordinator since I booked my wedding! I'm using input from you and the other RIU brides to help me start formulating my communications with my coordinator!

                I completely relate to feeling pulled in so many directions. (Weddings, homebuying, interviewing.) It can be nervewracking! I am also in the process of purchasing a home with my FI, I have a mega project due at work by the close of this year AND am going be responsible for running the press room at our annual meeting ONE WEEK before my wedding! I think I'll be insane come April!


                We have your back here! Rant away...it's my turn next!!!

                #10 Spazz

                Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

                  Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:29 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by IrieBride08
                  Lizz, I think you're doing very well. You've been communicating with Chandlyn, nailing down details, etc. Don't worry!

                  If anything, I'm using you for inspiration in my planning cuz I haven't spoken to my coordinator since I booked my wedding! I'm using input from you and the other RIU brides to help me start formulating my communications with my coordinator!

                  I completely relate to feeling pulled in so many directions. (Weddings, homebuying, interviewing.) It can be nervewracking! I am also in the process of purchasing a home with my FI, I have a mega project due at work by the close of this year AND am going be responsible for running the press room at our annual meeting ONE WEEK before my wedding! I think I'll be insane come April!


                  We have your back here! Rant away...it's my turn next!!!


                  Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better! Feel free to rant, it helps!!!




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users