Photo

How many people to invite?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Oct 2012 Bride

Oct 2012 Bride
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

We invited 37 people but I don't think we will have any more than 25 max. Which is perfect. We want to keep the budget down as much as possible. And we want it to be intimate. We will be having a party when we get back to celebrate. And even that will be simple. But that way we will catch all the rest of the people that are missed. Most people don't get offended when you say it is an intimate wedding our of the country.

#22 Demcatzmama

Demcatzmama
    • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

Thank you so much for this forum! I am wondering everyday what number of people to invite. I think we will send out 170 invites but plan for 80.

#23 Demcatzmama

Demcatzmama
      • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

I plan to send out 150 invites however I anticipate no more than 80 will attend.

#24 Jocelin Reyes

Jocelin Reyes
        • 161 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

We have 130!!! but my budget is for 100. I am still waiting for confirmations.

#25 MoniqueJ

MoniqueJ
          • 52 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

We've invited about 200, mainly because my FI has a gigantic family and you can't invite some without inviting others.  We're estimating about 75 - 100 coming...we're still 7 months out and already have 50 people confirmed with their rooms and flights booked.

#26 Oct 2012 Bride

Oct 2012 Bride
            • 217 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

Wow. Everything book. You have a great group!! I wish my guests were like that too.

#27 anichols8

anichols8
              • 232 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

When we were planning an at home wedding the guest list was about 200 people.  We did not want that.  We ended up sending out 30 invitations and 26 people are coming.  We got some negative feed back and I got removed from a few facebook pages but dah well.

#28 FabiLara

FabiLara
                • 172 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

Your wedding is in 12 months and you've got 26 people booked? Wow, that's pretty extraordinary! :)

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

I have 30 people coming for sure.. me and groom make 32. I kinda want a bigger wedding but i don't know who else to invite, me and my fiance have very small families. so its just immediate family members and our wedding party with their SI's.

#29 mrlddst

mrlddst
                  • 222 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

We invited 100 and we around 40 that RSVP'd.  We sent many out to family who we know cannot make it but it was suggested we do so to keep everybody happy.

Its done.....you can read my planning journal or the review...long over due.

http://www.bestdesti...ego-bay-jamaica

#30 katman

katman
                    • 170 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

Thanks for everyones feedback!! FI and I are still arguing over this....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users