miwakostory

Just got back from Riu Palace

Thank you Mrs. Story for your very much thorough review. It has been VERY helpful. Sounds like your wedding was absolutely amazing. Congrats!

I was thinking of having my reception at Baja Norte but now I might have to rethink that decision. I really want my reception to be private.

How was the weather at night? I'm worried about the beach being really cool and windy at night, hence why I initially opted

for a pool side reception. The last thing I want is for my guests to be uncomfortable and cold. I am having my wedding there in late October.

Miwako,

I cannot thank you enough for all of the information you have provided us future RIU brides.

The pictures help alot, since I have never been to the RIU.

Your wedding sounds like it was amazing, the huppah and ceremony area looked so beautiful.

Can you please, please post more pictures. I would like to see your centerpieces.

Also, I have a few questions . . 

1. Did you pay $500 for one seating on the Terrace? was that about 2 hours long? There fees are so confusing to me! :(

2. Can you tell us more about your signature drink? Did the RIU charge you extra for that?

3. Do you remember your minister's name?

Thank you,

Jess

Originally Posted by Jess4219 View Post

Miwako,

I cannot thank you enough for all of the information you have provided us future RIU brides.

The pictures help alot, since I have never been to the RIU.

Your wedding sounds like it was amazing, the huppah and ceremony area looked so beautiful.

Can you please, please post more pictures. I would like to see your centerpieces.

Also, I have a few questions . . 

1. Did you pay $500 for one seating on the Terrace? was that about 2 hours long? There fees are so confusing to me! :(

2. Can you tell us more about your signature drink? Did the RIU charge you extra for that?

3. Do you remember your minister's name?

Thank you,

Jess

1. I paid $700 because I wanted it from 8:00 - 11:00. The $500 seating is from 8:45 - 11:00. 

2. I just asked for rum punch. You can ask them to make anything you want.  No, they did not. They actually greet all guests with a welcome drink. Most of the time it was the rum punch.

3. The Minister's name is Carlos Nava. The entire ceremony was performed in English.

Originally Posted by mrscantatore View Post

What did you put in your gift bags? Were you able to have the front desk give them to people as they checked in or did you have to pass them out personally?

T-shirts

Koozies

Margarita mix

Ring pop - that was my first ring. :)

First Aid Kit with Advil and Tums added

Cosmetic bag with sunscreen, hand sanitizer, fingernail file, razor, lip balm, safety pins, shout wipes and hand sanitizer wipes

On Wednesday, I had 3 parties (6 people) arrive so I had the bags at the front desk and had them handed out as they checked in.

On Thursday, I had 30 guests show up. So, I had a meet and greet at 6:00  at the piano bar where I welcomed my guests and thanked them. I passed the bags at the meet and greet.

Originally Posted by BPG027 View Post

Thank you Mrs. Story for your very much thorough review. It has been VERY helpful. Sounds like your wedding was absolutely amazing. Congrats!

I was thinking of having my reception at Baja Norte but now I might have to rethink that decision. I really want my reception to be private.

How was the weather at night? I'm worried about the beach being really cool and windy at night, hence why I initially opted

for a pool side reception. The last thing I want is for my guests to be uncomfortable and cold. I am having my wedding there in late October.

It was very cool at night. I arrived on Tuesday and sent out a mass text to everyone to bring a jacket. However, the first night was very windy and chilly. They said that was uncommon. It warmed up the rest of the nights but still cool. None of us were uncomfortable at the reception.

The pool side reception I posted pictures of was right above the beach and looking out to the ocean so you will still be out in the open.  Both pool areas looked out to the beach/ocean.

Here are more pictures of the pool areas...

Pool side - side of salon.jpgPool a.jpg

The pictures of the reeption I posted earlier were at this pool... the reception area was set up by the left side of the pool overlooking the beach/ocean.

Here is the other pool area which is by the San Jose restaurant...not a good picture so I will look for another one.

Pool on SJ side.jpg