Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bride81

May 2013 Brides

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

 

Well I will be more than happy to!..

We can check shipping online.. I've never sent anything to Canada to know the cheapest route. I can ship from 35180 (AL) or 30144 (GA).  Some times I find it cheaper to ship from Alex's state, not sure why.

not sure if im doing right, i also dont know the size of box needed or how much it would weigh but it seems minimum will be $30 yikes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering how many people are doing a rehearsal dinner or welcome dinner.  Our wedding is on a Fri and we have quite a few guests coming in on Thurs., so a welcome dinner probably isn't an option for us, but a rehearsal dinner is.  We got some quotes for outside restaurants but most were pretty pricey.  Our resort is all inclusive.  They offer a "semi private" dinner for $15pp, but we just found out it is for 30 people or less, and we have more.  The private dinner is nice and can be on the beach, but the menu choices are the same as the menu choices for the wedding, which we already picked the 2 we like from that list for the wedding.  There really aren't any other options on it that stick out to us. The other option we have is to do a buffet which looks great, but it is a min of 50 guests, which means we would have to pay for 50 guests @$40pp, bringing us to about $2,000.  Do you think it's crazy to spend $2,000 on dinner at an all inclusive resort?  FI kind of does, but will go along with whatever I want to do.  Our only other option would be to just do a cocktail reception which would be $15pp.  Just interested in getting some other opinions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Emily11386 View Post

 

I was wondering how many people are doing a rehearsal dinner or welcome dinner.  Our wedding is on a Fri and we have quite a few guests coming in on Thurs., so a welcome dinner probably isn't an option for us, but a rehearsal dinner is.  We got some quotes for outside restaurants but most were pretty pricey.  Our resort is all inclusive.  They offer a "semi private" dinner for $15pp, but we just found out it is for 30 people or less, and we have more.  The private dinner is nice and can be on the beach, but the menu choices are the same as the menu choices for the wedding, which we already picked the 2 we like from that list for the wedding.  There really aren't any other options on it that stick out to us. The other option we have is to do a buffet which looks great, but it is a min of 50 guests, which means we would have to pay for 50 guests @$40pp, bringing us to about $2,000.  Do you think it's crazy to spend $2,000 on dinner at an all inclusive resort?  FI kind of does, but will go along with whatever I want to do.  Our only other option would be to just do a cocktail reception which would be $15pp.  Just interested in getting some other opinions!

My resort is not all inclusive so we are already paying for a full wedding reception with open bar. so for us paying for a welcome dinner or rehersal dinner would be out of the question.. we just dont have the money. We are at our resort from wed to wed and so are the majority of our guests with the exception of a few who arrive on thursday. so we decided to do welcome cocktails after dinner on the thursday. Just some drinks and maybe little desserts where our guests can mingle and meet, i still dont know how much it would cost but im thinking ill just run a tab, i cant see our guests having more then a drink or two which would be under $15 a person. This is also where we will be handing out our OOT bags

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Dazeydawl View Post

 

not sure if im doing right, i also dont know the size of box needed or how much it would weigh but it seems minimum will be $30 yikes

YIKES.. Well I use my own boxes so you wont need the fee for a special box. Do you have Aloe at home? If so, weigh 16 if you have that many, or weigh 8 and x's that by 2. :o)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

 

YIKES.. Well I use my own boxes so you wont need the fee for a special box. Do you have Aloe at home? If so, weigh 16 if you have that many, or weigh 8 and x's that by 2. :o)

I just realized i got that price by looking at the priority instead for just regular first class international... i only have 6 at home.... not sure if they are the same size as the dollar tree ones though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Emily11386 View Post

 

I was wondering how many people are doing a rehearsal dinner or welcome dinner.  Our wedding is on a Fri and we have quite a few guests coming in on Thurs., so a welcome dinner probably isn't an option for us, but a rehearsal dinner is.  We got some quotes for outside restaurants but most were pretty pricey.  Our resort is all inclusive.  They offer a "semi private" dinner for $15pp, but we just found out it is for 30 people or less, and we have more.  The private dinner is nice and can be on the beach, but the menu choices are the same as the menu choices for the wedding, which we already picked the 2 we like from that list for the wedding.  There really aren't any other options on it that stick out to us. The other option we have is to do a buffet which looks great, but it is a min of 50 guests, which means we would have to pay for 50 guests @$40pp, bringing us to about $2,000.  Do you think it's crazy to spend $2,000 on dinner at an all inclusive resort?  FI kind of does, but will go along with whatever I want to do.  Our only other option would be to just do a cocktail reception which would be $15pp.  Just interested in getting some other opinions!

We are staying at an AI, but from what I understand a semi private dinner is free for our Welcome/Rehearsal Dinner. We are getting married on a Wednesday and we are arriving on Monday. Personally I feel 2k is a little steep for an AI resort. Especially since it's just a welcome/rehearsal dinner. I think a cocktail reception would be neat and much cheaper bc guests can mingle and then head to whereever they want to eat.

 

For the semi-private for 15$ pp... Can they just charge a fee per person after the 30?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Dazeydawl View Post

 

I just realized i got that price by looking at the priority instead for just regular first class international... i only have 6 at home.... not sure if they are the same size as the dollar tree ones though

ahh. I was thinking that was a little steep!.. lol.. I can go by $1 Tree tomorrow and find out the sizes and expire date. :o) I just looked online at dollartree.com and they are listed online, but I know they are in store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

 

ahh. I was thinking that was a little steep!.. lol.. I can go by $1 Tree tomorrow and find out the sizes and expire date. :o) I just looked online at dollartree.com and they are listed online, but I know they are in store.

oh i tried to find them online but couldnt. Mine are 105ml and weigh .134kg each so for 16 it would 4.7 pounds... the usps website takes away the price for first class international for that weight so i guess it cant go over 4lbs?? in which case is would be 15.95??? i have no idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Dazeydawl View Post

 

oh i tried to find them online but couldnt. Mine are 105ml and weigh .134kg each so for 16 it would 4.7 pounds... the usps website takes away the price for first class international for that weight so i guess it cant go over 4lbs?? in which case is would be 15.95??? i have no idea

Well I need some anyways.. So I'll buy me some.. Put 16 in a box and give them your address at the Post Office then I'll let you know the price.. That will be the easiest way. :o)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×