Looking for information on weddings at The Royal in Playa Del Carmen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jkaspar2

jkaspar2
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Hello!

My name is Jen and I am planning on getting married at The Royal in Playa Del Carmen on August 10, 2012. The wedding coordinator that I have been to assigned to at the moment is Elvy. Has anyone worked with her? She has been very short and sweet with her e-mails so far and I haven't started any wedding planning with her yet. I have a little over 4 months till the wedding. Should I have more done by now?

We are set to get married on the Pellicanos beach at 4 pm. I am still deciding on the package I want to purchase for the wedding. I need to decide on photographer, flowers, and pretty much everything else. I am trying to decide if we want to stay at the resort for a reception or get some sort of sunset cruise or something for our guests. We are going to have around 30 guests attend.

I am pretty much looking for any information or advice anyone has to offer!!! It looks like this is a great place to talk with other brides! :)

Thanks!

Jen

#2 Pierre Violle

Pierre Violle
    • 272 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

hello jen,

Look at Wedding at the royal playa del carmen. getting ready in the suite

the royal playa del carmen: wedding ceremonie en the beach

wedding ceremonie at the royal playa del carmen

#3 QBlicious

QBlicious
      • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

Hi Jen,

We had our first year anniversary at The Royal in Cancun which is the sister hotel to Gran Caribe Real. We've seen several weddings take place there and I can assure you that they all looked amazing. Pelicano is a restaurant at The Royal and the beach can be seen from there...the location is good. They have a gazebo and you can also do it ocean side.

At this point you should try to have as much done as possible...there are lots of details to work out and you want the days leading up to be stress-free.

A later start time would be nice as the sun is directly on the beach (too hot). Outside vendors do have boats that you can rent...I've heard of a lobster cruise and in the lobby you can also get a party bus for you and your guests to go club hopping later the night at the clubs within 5 miles.

#4 bluelenscaribe

bluelenscaribe
        • Vendor
        • 194 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

Hello Jen and congratulation for your wedding!

The Royal Playa del Carmen is a nice resort to get married. Right in the enter of Playa del Carmen it gives you the chance to pop in town very easily and you can also enjoy the relaxing stay in the resort with the incredible access to the beach.

We love working at The Royal, and to give you an idea here is a link to one of our wedding we shot in the resort http://bluelenscarib...aya-del-carmen/

#5 marooon13

marooon13
          • 250 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 25, 2013
          • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen
          • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

Congratulations! There is TONS of information on the Royal PDC on this thread... 

http://www.bestdesti...other-questions

Take some time and read through the most recent posts. There is a wealth of information and will hopefully answer most of your questions!

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Hello Real Resorts Brides & Grooms,

We have scheduled a BDW Wedding Webinar with Gina Johnson from Real Resorts.  She will do a presentation on planning your wedding at Real Resorts (The Royal Cancun, Gran Porto, The Roal Playa del Carmen and Gran Caribe) followed by a Q & A Session.

Wendy Hicks will also be a panelist to discuss the best travel options for you: Group Block vs. Individual bookings vs. Price matching and MORE!

This is a must-attend event if you are planning a wedding at a Real resort.  

There will also be a small gift for those that attend the webinar and get married at one of the Real Resorts listed.

Reserve your spot today because space is limited.  You can find more info: Real Resorts Wedding Webinar (The Royal Cancun, Gran Porto, The Roal Playa del Carmen and Gran Caribe)

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users