Hotel Marina El Cid BRIDES

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#51 Ktomash

Ktomash
  • Site Supporter
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Does anyone know how it works for the drinks at the wedding?  I am getting the Elite package which includes 4 hours of drinks for 10 people. We are having approximately 60 people at the wedding and I am curious if the drinks are included in the $80 per person banquet fee or if it is an additional charge?  Thanks!

#52 juliempreston

juliempreston
    • 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

I got an email back from Deyanira stating that drinks are included in the $70 or $80/person reception fee.  They have also indicated that children are 50% of the cost, but I'm not sure what ages that includes.. does anyone know?  What about young children - ie 3 and under?

#53 Avborges

Avborges
      • 121 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

I think children under 2 are free because when I got my group rates, they grouped children 2-12 and 13-17.  No clear indication of how much for them to attend the reception.. sorry.. if anyone knows that, please share!

#54 Avborges

Avborges
        • 121 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

Hi Ladies,

Anyone hiring a Mariachi band or spanish guitarist for their ceremony/cocktail hour?  What are you also doing for entertainment (DJ or iPod)?

#55 Ktomash

Ktomash
          • Site Supporter
          • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hi all,

For my package, yes, children under age 2 are free (both for flight - Westjet and for the hotel).  In terms of entertainment, we are thinking about getting the DJ.  Does anyone have any feedback on how he is?  Hopefully some of the brides will come back on here after their weddings and give us some reviews and suggestions :)

#56 juliempreston

juliempreston
            • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

I don't know about the dj - we are thinking of just creating our own play lists.  I did find out that for the meal, 6&under is free of charge, and they have meal options for the kids to choose from such as pizza, chicken fingers, burgers and fries - I was a bit worried about paying $35/plate and ending up with kids eating buns!  Then 7-12 would be $35/plate.  I got sent a different document with meal choices than what is on their website, which was a relief as the one on the website didn't look like it would appeal to a wide variety of guests - now we don't know what to choose! 

They are including pressing of the dress if needed, and said that they are updating the document with flower arrangements. 76 days to go!

#57 2013Bride

2013Bride
              • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by juliempreston 

I don't know about the dj - we are thinking of just creating our own play lists.  I did find out that for the meal, 6&under is free of charge, and they have meal options for the kids to choose from such as pizza, chicken fingers, burgers and fries - I was a bit worried about paying $35/plate and ending up with kids eating buns!  Then 7-12 would be $35/plate.  I got sent a different document with meal choices than what is on their website, which was a relief as the one on the website didn't look like it would appeal to a wide variety of guests - now we don't know what to choose! 

They are including pressing of the dress if needed, and said that they are updating the document with flower arrangements. 76 days to go!

That is wonderful to hear.  Would you be able to email me the document with the different meal choices? a-mcbride@hotmail.com  Thank you so much!  Wow not much longer for you, how exciting!!!!! :)

#58 Sandark13

Sandark13
                • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

We've just booked for May 3rd and are so excited...Not very far along with our plans though. Any advice or info you can share is very appreciated! When is your date?

#59 juliempreston

juliempreston
                  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

I've been working with Melina now, she's a dream - so prompt and you can ask her anything, she is very accomodating! Good luck with your planning!  Just make sure you clarify the costs for everything so there are no surprises - we are into the final countdown - wedding date is Feb 27th!

#60 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
                    • 450 posts
                    • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
                    • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by juliempreston 

I've been working with Melina now, she's a dream - so prompt and you can ask her anything, she is very accomodating! Good luck with your planning!  Just make sure you clarify the costs for everything so there are no surprises - we are into the final countdown - wedding date is Feb 27th!

Hi Julie,

Did you have many surprises as far as the costs?  Heard anything specific I should be aware of?

Thanks!  Good luck in the final days!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users