Photo

Coconoir's Planning Thread Pgs 1-8, Final Review & Templates Pgs. 18-19

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#201 Kristin Ri

Kristin Ri
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

I love your planning thread! Especially your ring. Its so nice to see someone else with a sapphire ring. I wanted to have something different and my fiancee picked out a sapphire ering. I just love it!! Where did you get your keycard holders?  Congrats!!

#202 Kristin Ri

Kristin Ri
    • 162 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

I love your planning thread! Especially your ring. Its so nice to see someone else with a sapphire ring. I wanted to have something different and my fiancee picked out a sapphire ering. I just love it!! Where did you get your keycard holders?  Congrats!!

#203 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

Thanks so much my fellow sapphire Queen ;-)  I love love love my colored bling.  The holders were purchased from Amazon.  I'll find the name and get back to you.  But I think they are advantus

Originally Posted by Kristin Ri 

#204 elissae

elissae
        • 631 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
        • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

I actually purchased natural lip balm that didn't come with labels (I refused to peel LOL), http://www.bulkapoth...com/lipbalm.htm I purchased the ones that came in a clear tub as I wanted to colors to match LOL. 

I also used Avery 2x4 labels.  You are able to get 2 chapstick labels on 1 sticker.  You will have to cute these though. 

Thank you Mrs. Wright!  I already bought my chapsticks (with labels).  I wish I had seen this site previous.  Great find!  

I am buying my labels today and will start my next DIY tonight.  Thanks again for your help!  I will post pics when complete.

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#205 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
        • 2,136 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

This should be easy easy easy!  It was so quick that I couldn't believe it wasn't painful ;-)  I purchased chapstick shrik wrap from ebay (as when purchased they didn't come with a protective wrap), this was great to give it that shine like the labels on regular chapstick. 

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Happy DIYing

Originally Posted by elissae 

Thank you Mrs. Wright!  I already bought my chapsticks (with labels).  I wish I had seen this site previous.  Great find!  

I am buying my labels today and will start my next DIY tonight.  Thanks again for your help!  I will post pics when complete.

#206 elissae

elissae
          • 631 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
          • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

This should be easy easy easy!  It was so quick that I couldn't believe it wasn't painful ;-)  I purchased chapstick shrik wrap from ebay (as when purchased they didn't come with a protective wrap), this was great to give it that shine like the labels on regular chapstick. 

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Happy DIYing

You are the best!!

I bought the white Avery 2x4 labels and printed one sheet.  I got them to cut perfectly!  Thanks again for your guidance!!

Although, I think I may try the clear labels since the original chapstick label came off so easily.  I am wondering if the clear label will do the same thing against the naked white chapstick - give it that protective shine.  Or if I should just buy the wrap you speak of and cover the white labels.  Here are pics with white label...I only did one to start...I am doing a nautical them...although they look sort of plain.....I may have to play more with it and add a little more to it!

FF 1.JPG FF 2.JPG FF 3.JPG FF 4.JPG

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#207 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
          • 2,136 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

Great great job!  Since you are doing a nautical theme, I would definitely play around with the font a little to pull out the anchor..  I'm not sure if this is the anchor that you are using in all of your projects.. but if so I would play up the font... If not try to look for an anchor with a little more umph so to speak...  That will make your label stand out. 

It wouldn't hurt to try clear labels but look at the cost, as labels can run a little pricey (shhh I got mine from work) but the shrink wrap on ebay ran about $3.50 or $5 for 50

You are the best!!

I bought the white Avery 2x4 labels and printed one sheet.  I got them to cut perfectly!  Thanks again for your guidance!!

Although, I think I may try the clear labels since the original chapstick label came off so easily.  I am wondering if the clear label will do the same thing against the naked white chapstick - give it that protective shine.  Or if I should just buy the wrap you speak of and cover the white labels.  Here are pics with white label...I only did one to start...I am doing a nautical them...although they look sort of plain.....I may have to play more with it and add a little more to it!

#208 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
            • 683 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
            • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

I think these look cool! I don't know what I am doing wrong! I've tried this size label and it is too big for my regular sized chapstick & it overlaps. I keep seeing everyone say to cut it, but how do you know where to put your design on the label? I am so challenged when it comes to DIY but I really want to change that during this planning process! Do you think you can email me a template of how you are doing yours? I'm trying to get my post count up and I can't access any of the templates yet! :-/

You are the best!!

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#209 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
            • 683 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

I think these look cool! I don't know what I am doing wrong! I've tried this size label and it is too big for my regular sized chapstick & it overlaps. I keep seeing everyone say to cut it, but how do you know where to put your design on the label? I am so challenged when it comes to DIY but I really want to change that during this planning process! Do you think you can email me a template of how you are doing yours? I'm trying to get my post count up and I can't access any of the templates yet! :-/

You are the best!!

#210 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
            • 683 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

You are the best!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users