Photo

Differences between Majestic Colonial and Elegance?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chula

chula
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

Hi Ladies!!

I am new to the site and have read a lot of you are choosing the colonial instead of the elegance may i ask why? I have read 1 negative review about the elegance, but nothing of the colonial, can someone help?

#2 gomezherrera

gomezherrera
    • 32 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

hey Chula

I'm respectively new as well here in the forum and I inquire information on both Hotels..I had asked my TA(travel agent) to give me the rates and she was kind enough to send me prices and this is what includes: Rates are including hotel accommodations, hotel tax, housekeeping and bellman gratuities, transfers, and any Group amenities that are offered by the suppliers..(for both Hotels)

Majestic Colonial

Occupancy    Single   Double    Tripple   Quad    Child1  

3nights price    907        640         578        547        199

Add nights       284        195          175        164          48

Majestic Elegance

Occupancy       Single   Double    Tripple   Quad    Child1

3nights price      829        578          524      n/a         416

Add night           318         215         193                    149

After talking to my Fiance we both agree that they are beautiful resorts but a bit pricey for our guest I was really looking forward to this two but I feel bad enough asking my guess to fly to D.R so I wanna make the best decision price wise..did you choose a resort yet?? and if so which one convinced you??

hope I helped

Elizabeth

Quote:

Originally Posted by chula 

Hi Ladies!!

I am new to the site and have read a lot of you are choosing the colonial instead of the elegance may i ask why? I have read 1 negative review about the elegance, but nothing of the colonial, can someone help?

#3 bride2b2013

bride2b2013
      • 236 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

The Elegance and the Colonial are sister resorts..  ( owned my brothers I believe )  The main difference between them is that the Elegance is a few years newer. 

The colonial is more of a family resort being more child friendly and family oriented where the Elegance has an adults only club section.. 

The rates for the Colonial tend to be a bit cheaper then Elegance..  Though the Elegance is the newer resort I have read many people say that they preferred the Colonial.

I vacationed at the Colonial back in 2008 and LOVED it.  My brother was married at the Elegance in 2009 and while they say the resort was beautiful they also perferred the Colonial as they said there was more to do and a "happier" atmosphere.

Bride & Groom + 40 booked and counting :)

#4 gomezherrera

gomezherrera
        • 32 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

Thank you for the info greatly appreciate it.. I just think they are too expensive for my gues.. I see you have chosen Elegance how much was the package they offered you if you don't mind me asking?

The Elegance and the Colonial are sister resorts..  ( owned my brothers I believe )  The main difference between them is that the Elegance is a few years newer. 

The colonial is more of a family resort being more child friendly and family oriented where the Elegance has an adults only club section.. 

The rates for the Colonial tend to be a bit cheaper then Elegance..  Though the Elegance is the newer resort I have read many people say that they preferred the Colonial.

I vacationed at the Colonial back in 2008 and LOVED it.  My brother was married at the Elegance in 2009 and while they say the resort was beautiful they also perferred the Colonial as they said there was more to do and a "happier" atmosphere.

#5 gomezherrera

gomezherrera
          • 32 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

Sorry the Colonial I ment to say..

#6 bride2b2013

bride2b2013
            • 236 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

I will send you a private message :)

Bride & Groom + 40 booked and counting :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users