Having Pearls Restrung

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 12:48 PM

I am wearing my Mom's pearls with my dress, but the necklace is broken, so I have a baggie full of loose pearls. They are a champagne color in graduated sizes, and I want to have it restrung as a choker-style necklace.

Has anyone had pearls restrung before? I presume I just got to any jewelry storeand ask to have it done?

#2 Lizzy

Lizzy
    • 501 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 12:04 AM

Tami, I have my mom's pearls too. She bought hers in the orient. They had never been, so after her death I took them to my brother the jeweler. He has an Asian woman who did the stringing for us. Check around with the jewelers and ask what they suggest.
      For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:15 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lizzy
        Tami, I have my mom's pearls too. She bought hers in the orient. They had never been, so after her death I took them to my brother the jeweler. He has an Asian woman who did the stringing for us. Check around with the jewelers and ask what they suggest.
        Thanks Lizzy. I figured that's what I'd need to do ... I just don't know any jewelers, so want to be sure I'm not being too overcharged also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users