Photo

Maybe El Dorado?? Questions/concerns

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MsHuth

MsHuth
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

Our TA has suggested El Dorado Royale for our Sept 2012 wedding.  It looks great except what appears to be, after searching this site, an age old dilemma :)  The outside vendor deal and their list of photographers.  I don't see any recent reviews. Does anyone have any insight on this?  Any other suggestions on this topic?  It just seems a little shady to have to pay $500 extra to the resort for not using one of their 3-4 choices.  This may be a deal breaker for me. 

The only other question at the moment - Will those traveling alone still feel comfortable at this resort, or is it too intimate for those who aren't coming as a couple?  I want everyone to have a fun and relaxing time. 

Thanks everyone!

#2 AllieH

AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

They do still charge the outside vendor fee, unless your photog is a guest for 3+ nights and then we got them to waive it. I've heard the vendor fee for other types of vendors (DJs, etc) is $800. but our contract only had $500 listed specific to photographers. We aren't planning to bring in any other vendors though. 

Quite a few of my guests are not coming as a couple - several girls are rooming together, and then I have a few who are going to be singles. I figure with the group from the wedding, they will find someone to hang out with and it'll be ok. 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
    • 458 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

MsHuth-

We are bringing a photographer with us from home that is a good friend of ours. Because she is staying at the hotel for at least 3 nights at the resort, they waived the vendor fee. We are using an outside vendor for our DJ and that fee is $800, but even the $800 + dj services, its still less than the vendors they use. My cousin got married at EDR and used Claudia Photography, an approve vendor, so no fee. I have read several reviews on this site about her work and my cousins pics turned our great.

Originally Posted by MsHuth 

Our TA has suggested El Dorado Royale for our Sept 2012 wedding.  It looks great except what appears to be, after searching this site, an age old dilemma :)  The outside vendor deal and their list of photographers.  I don't see any recent reviews. Does anyone have any insight on this?  Any other suggestions on this topic?  It just seems a little shady to have to pay $500 extra to the resort for not using one of their 3-4 choices.  This may be a deal breaker for me. 

The only other question at the moment - Will those traveling alone still feel comfortable at this resort, or is it too intimate for those who aren't coming as a couple?  I want everyone to have a fun and relaxing time. 

Thanks everyone!

#4 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:07 AM

Their preferred vendors are some of the best especially Elizabeth Medina. I've heard great things about Claudia as well :)

I myself was blessed with the opportunity to shoot there last Novemeber. Since we stayed 3 nights the outside vendor fee was waived. Just make sure if you do bring an outside photographer to let the WC know you don't need the resort photog. The resort photog got pretty aggressive for some shots and came from out of no where mid ceremony. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users