Dreams Palm Beach 2013 Brides

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#171 Allie6813

Allie6813
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Hi

Congrats on your wedding. I am in the very basics of planning. I will probably only have about 20 people and i am debating on the pool area. How was the weather? You did the most basic package? Is there anything you would have changed? I have soooo many questions. I cant wait.

#172 Carolash39

Carolash39
    • 15 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Hi!!

Congrats on your wedding. I am in the very basics of planning. I will probably only have about 20 people and i am debating on the pool area. How was the weather? You did the most basic package? Is there anything you would have changed? I have soooo many questions. I cant wait.

Just wanted to say I did the basic package and did some add ons , I used dj mania and carribian emotions photography and my wedding reception was in the pool area.... Best decisions of my life!! It was perfect .. The only thing I regret is there were a few photos I forgot to ask my photographer to take like my husband and his mom ect .. So make a shot list that is important.. Also if you can afford it hire a photographer for the reception I'm sad I don't have too many everyone was so busy dancing they didn't take many... Any questions please ask!!!!

#173 Bridetobe2014

Bridetobe2014
      • 161 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 12, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Akumal Beach Resort

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

Who was your wedding planner and how did yuo feel about making the deposit giving your credit card info like that? i am a little nervous sending them my info and photocopy of my credit card.

I am excited to marry the most loving man I have ever met and to become part of his amazing family.

#174 Carolash39

Carolash39
      • 15 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

Who was your wedding planner and how did yuo feel about making the deposit giving your credit card info like that? i am a little nervous sending them my info and photocopy of my credit card.

Julie Artisty was my planner and I lovedddd her , I actually was not nervous they are very professional I just advise one thing you pay the balance when you arrive... I did not feel comfortable traveling with all that cash so she said I could use I debit card and I was so happy untill I arrived home to $350 in fees for using my card in another country so use cash just keep it on u!!

#175 Carolash39

Carolash39
        • 15 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

Posted Image

#176 Allie6813

Allie6813
          • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:10 AM

Hi bridetobe2014,

Im doing ultimate package. If I had to do it again I would pick the basic package and do  add-ons. I'm having 30ppl attend including bride/groom. My wedding planner is Vanessa. She was answering my emails daily until these last two weeks. I've had to call her to ask to reply to my emails. We didnt like the fact we had to take a photo copy of credit card either. We tried to do a virtual CC but they want a copy of the back of CC as well. Using HDC for pictures and DJ mannia. Pastor Rick is going to do ceremony.  Ceremony will be at garden gazebo and reception inside I hate being hot.

We are leaving on Wednesday I will let you know how things went  when I  get back.

#177 Allie6813

Allie6813
            • 26 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

Hi bridetobe2014,

Im doing ultimate package. If I had to do it again I would pick the basic package and do  add-ons. I'm having 30ppl attend including bride/groom. My wedding planner is Vanessa. She was answering my emails daily until these last two weeks. I've had to call her to ask to reply to my emails. We didnt like the fact we had to take a photo copy of credit card either. We tried to do a virtual CC but they want a copy of the back of CC as well. Using HDC for pictures and DJ mannia. Pastor Rick is going to do ceremony.  Ceremony will be at garden gazebo and reception inside I hate being hot.

We are leaving on Wednesday I will let you know how things went  when I  get back.

#178 Bridetobe2014

Bridetobe2014
              • 161 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by cinnagirl 

I was able to get the spa to email me their spa brochure which lists their services and prices. Let me know if you would like a copy!

Can you please PM me a copy. Ive just started booking everything, How was oyur wedding??? Congrats by the way. Any advice for my wedding here? Not sure if i want to do a reception at the pool or just a sit down dinner since I will probably only have 10-20 people attending. Also, did you use the resort photographer? Trying to decide who to go with.

I am excited to marry the most loving man I have ever met and to become part of his amazing family.

#179 Bridetobe2014

Bridetobe2014
              • 161 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

My April 12th 2014 wedding date has been confirmed with Dreams Palm Beach!!!! I only have 10 more months and need all the advice I can get. Im so excited ladies :)

#180 cinnagirl

cinnagirl
              • 261 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bridetobe2014 

Can you please PM me a copy. Ive just started booking everything, How was oyur wedding??? Congrats by the way. Any advice for my wedding here? Not sure if i want to do a reception at the pool or just a sit down dinner since I will probably only have 10-20 people attending. Also, did you use the resort photographer? Trying to decide who to go with.

I PM'd you the spa brochure. Our wedding was amazing! But we got married at the Jellyfish, not at the resort. I did see a few weddings going on at the resort while we were there and they were beautiful, so you won't be disappointed. In regards to the spa, Rosa did my hair and she did a great job. I originally didn't like how much hairspray she put in my hair because I thought it was too stiff, so I tried brushing some of it out. But when we got to the Jellyfish it was so windy that my hair was always in my face, so trust that the spa ladies know what they're doing lol. 

The resort is really awesome for groups. Because it's a smaller size, we were constantly running into people from our group. It was great! You'll have a blast for sure. We had Katya Nova as our photographer for the wedding day. She was absolutely lovely and all of our guests mentioned how sweet her and Rob were. I would highly recommend her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users