Suggestions for favors/etc Key West Wedding Cruise

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cherbear722

cherbear722
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hello :)

I am getting married on Key West on November 23, 2012. I am already working with a wonderful wedding planner (Amanda from asyouwishweddings) who is helping me to make the ceremony wonderful! I am then going to be returning to the ship for a reception. I have about 70 people who will be cruising/attending. I have a wedding party of 7 on each side.

I am looking for any creative ideas/suggesitons for guest wedding favors. I am also looking for ideas for silk flower arrangements (we have decided not to use real flowers for several reasons). The wedding will take place in the key west garden club (so it will be in more of a garden setting rather than the beach). Any creative suggestions, or if anyone else has had a similar wedding experience and can share some helpful tips, I would be so grateful :)

Thanks so much!

Cher

#2 MoniqueJ

MoniqueJ
    • 52 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:55 AM

You're getting married the day before I am!  My fiance and I are going to Key West in July to do cake tastings, menu tastings, etc and I was going to look into favors while I'm there.  I saw something where people did mini Key Lime pies in baggies, but I'm still undecided on what to do for the favors.  Hopefully I'll see something while I'm there!

#3 AllieH

AllieH
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

I'm a big fan of KW and have been several times.

What about doing seasoning as a unique favor? the Key Lime Shoppe in KW makes this killer datil pepper seasoning. it's like a lemon pepper seasoning, but has more "tart" or "kick" to it. my FI's mom also knows someone down there who does custom spice mixes for favors and such. Let me know if you're interested and I'll track that info down.

Another idea might be the key lime white chocolate chip cookies that KLS has. If you like key lime, of course. 

Those are a couple of food ideas for you anyway that just scream "key west" to me. good luck with all of your planning! 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#4 KeyWest2012

KeyWest2012
      • 11 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

Check Croissants de France for great food favors! Went there for a cake tasting (loved all that I tasted) and went back each day I was there for a treat! Everything was amazing!

#5 MoniqueJ

MoniqueJ
        • 52 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

I'm going to KW in a few weeks and going to meet with Paula at Croissants de France for some info, can't wait!

#6 Southern Photos

Southern Photos
          • Banned
          • 17 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

Check out this Web-site for great wedding photography in Key West http://keywestweddingphotography.com/

Our last wedding had a cake from  Croissants de France it was wonderful

Daniel

Daniel Kolbe

Owner/Photographer

Southernmost Photography

Keywestweddingphotography.com

#7 Southern Photos

Southern Photos
            • Banned
            • 17 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

There is a place called Kermit's Key Lime Pie Shop that has everything Key Lime you can imagine.

Daniel Kolbe

Southernmostphotography.com

Daniel Kolbe

Owner/Photographer

Southernmost Photography

#8 CBarr2013

CBarr2013
              • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

Instead of favors, I'm doing a welcome basket/bag. We're going to put suntan lotion, stamped post cards, bottled water and some other goodies in it. The key lime pie would be a perfect addition to the welcome basket

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users